Sign in to follow this  
Anglo Traction

Front Wheel Rim Widths

Anglo Traction

Hi All, Amongst many oddities n Bodges found so far on my '74' C-120 Resto, I have odd wheels !. One is correct and the other is more narrow(approx 4 1/2" edge to edge).

I would like to know if possible, which Model this narrow one came from, as I would like to find another like it (I think it is from a post '76' model).

The reason being is that I have located a source of 3 Rib/4.00x 8" tyres (here in UK) and would be an easier solution to fit straight on to them , rather than find and adapt a different set. Any :) would be appreciated :thumbs: .

Jim_M

The pre 1965 models came with narrow front rims.

sorekiwi

I think most of the 60's tractors in the US had the narrow rims, although they used a wider tire on the bigger tractors (1276, 1267 etc). The wider tire is hard to find here so for my 1276 I used 4.00-8's.

Vredestein make a nice 4-00-8 tri-rib that should be available in the UK.

IMG_3057.jpg

Anglo Traction

Thanks Jim/Mike, I had looked over the photos of the early Models (<65) and they all seemed to have Valves on the outside :thumbs: , this one is inside and the wheel's condition is very good with little rust compared the other standard one (and the rest of the Tractor). I suspect I'll be a long time searching for another.

I'll also check out the Vredestein Brand over here.

Regards

TT

The narrow wheels were used up until (and including) 1975 over here. The hub offset is a little different between the earliest ones (1962 & older, I believe) but the wheels can all take a 4.00 X 8 tire.