Sign in to follow this  
privateer

Sundstrand 90 -1136 leaking

privateer

Just picked up a C120 with a kohler 301 and a 42' deck in decent shape. PO says the trans casing has a crack and is leaking fluid. I'm tearing the tractor down for a complete makeover. I want to use it with a single stage thrower I have laying around.

I worked on the motor first, rebuiilt the carb put her back together, runs great at full throttle, need to tinker with the low idle screw a bit but otherwise all the electrical works like she should, front and rear lights, amp gauge, etc.

The trans dip stick is empty. I started putting in fluid and she leaked right away. From where I don't know underneath. I need to take the unit off, give it a good cleaning to see if it is fixable. Anyone have any experience fixing these units with cracked casings? If not, I need a new unit. What would be a compatable unit out there for me to use and swap out. Anyone have any hydro units laying around?

One other question, how much fluid does the unit hold? I've been reading a little about the unit through the forum and have noticed that both ATF or 10w30 have been used in these units depending on the year but little on capacity.

Any breakdown manuals available for viewing?

Thanks, any and all help appreciated bringing this horse back to life.

racinfool40

I have a rear out of a c-120 I just tore down if interested Let me know and were are you located....Have alot of parts for your tractor if needed!!!PM me or e-mail me......May be able to help!!!MIKE....... :thumbs: