Sign in to follow this  
Little_Red

electric wheel horse

Little_Red

Has anyone ever hear of an all electric wheel horse tractor just saw one on nashville craigslist for 2000

AMC RULES

Humm, can you post a link to that ad?

Shuboxlover

Ya they made em, they don't show up too often, they look kinda funky AND cool all at the same time.

Two grand seems a bit high, looks to be in decent shape, but I wouldn't pay that for it. :thumbs:

Horse'n Around

I saw a auction for a trans for a electric Wheel Horse on Ebay, in fact I think it got relisted a day or so ago. It struck me as odd because I had never heard of one either, but thats nothing new... theres a LOT that I dont know :thumbs:

John

bitten

$2000 might not be a bad price if it is complete with a mower deck, in good shape and has new battery's in it. New battery's can set you back about $700. Then there is the going green aspect of it which seems to be an expensive thing to do in some ways. Just look at the price for a hybrid car compared to a regular car of the same make.

Forest Road

My dealer rehabbed one for a tree hugger last year. $1200 just for the batteries. And that one had quite a bit of rust. I'm sure we'll start seeing something similar in the near future.

Kelly

I just hauled one for a member here, a C-185 and we have a couple other members here that own them.

whfan74

That is my E-141 in the photo gallery. I also have an E-81, which is similar to the rear engine A-51 or A-81 (this one is not running yet and is awaiting restoration). When I picked mine up it was in pretty good shape as you see it in the photo gallery. It does have some little issues with paint in some areas. The batteries were completely shot when I bought it. It sat in the barn close to a year or a little more before the batteries were purchased. I think the batteries ran us about $485 but we have someone we know who was able to give us a good deal.

It is a fun tractor to drive. Sounds like an airplane when it starts up. Mine is rated at 14 horsepower and is supposed to mow an acre of grass on one charge. The only accessory I have with mine is the mower deck. Each spindle has it's own electric motor to turn the blades. It is quite interesting to say the least. You can get other attachments for it as well as putting a standard snow blade on the front. Mine is strictly to cruise around and take to shows it will not be seeing any work duty at all.

I would say $2000 is a fair price for that machine if it is in good shape. There aren't that many still out there anymore. I have only heard of 1/2 dozen still in operation.

Thus it is staying in my collection for a long, long time!

JUSS10

is that B-145 the same as the GE tractor that was made in the 70's? it seems to have a striking resemblance...

whfan74

is that B-145 the same as the GE tractor that was made in the 70's? it seems to have a striking resemblance...

Yup you got it! :thumbs:

Oh and after I looked at the link.........maybe not $2000 for that style. They are more plentiful and a little bit easier to find than the other style.

btrrg1969

Here is the tractor

Attached Image

post-3-1288974125.jpg

Little_Red

well its nice to know theres a member somewhat close to me im 2 hrs south of nashville

wheel-mule

I have 3 of the GE'S. Mine are all E-12.Same style as the Wheel Horse pictured.The rear end on e-bay is out of a E-145 which is a newer model.These are neat tractors with lots of attachments.I have 2 decks and a snower.I sold my blade .I've owned several of these in the past,one had a 3 point rear lift.2 thousand is a little high but not out of reason.I gave $3500 for the 3 I have 5 years ago.I've only had one running.Hve not tried batteries in the others.