Sign in to follow this  
wh79d160

417 back rims

wh79d160

Need another set of back rims for my 417. Are all the 3,4& 500 series rims interchangeable? What other brands fit? I know JD switched to metric in mid to late 80's. :thumbs:

B-8074

Does the 417 have 12" rims with 5 bolts? If so Cub cadets, Bolens, should fit.

wh79d160

Yes 12" 5 hole.

Jesse James

You will need to watch the back spacing on the rims with the Wheel Horse tractors with rear gas tanks! If you get a 8" wide rim you will need to get a rim with 1.5" back spacing. with a 7" wide rim you MAY be able to get away with a 2" backspacing. I got a set of Cub Cadet rims that were 8" and they hit the brake drum on the hydro and the 8-speeds with a 10.5 tire the tire will rub the gas tank!! so watch out!! :thumbs:

hodge

Huh- I never considered backspacing on tractor rims. A friend gave me the rear half of a Craftsman with the 3 speed high/low transmission (which is up for grabs if anyone needs one), which had a good set of rims and ag tires. I put them on my C-101, and they fit fine, and actually tuck in a little closer than the WH tires and rims did. I just need to paint them the right color, when I get around to it.