Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

C series Mower Parts

boovuc

Hi Guys,

I lost a bolt/nut and bushing while mulching leaves on my C series 48 inch side-discharge mower deck. It fell off one of the two longer side brackets that hold the level stops and the main attach-a-matic. Bolt is 1 and 3/8's inch long total and the bushing is an inch and 1/16th OD.

Couldn't bring up an exploded view of the deck off the Toro site to save myself.

Good thing I stopped when I noticed my right-rear ag tire hitting the deck adjuster and wheel when I made tight right turns. It would have chewed up a lot of pulleys and belts if I would have ignored it.

Would dealers still stock this?

Thanks,

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

TT

Pick a number :thumbs: :

sdfg.jpg

I doubt that any "local" dealers will have them - but you never know.

Don1977

What's the model of your base. The hole in the lift arm may be wore to 1- 1/16 but the bushing is around 3/4" O. D. and is harden. I've had a few to crack half into but have never lost one. I don't think the flange lock nut on the 3/8" carriage bolt would be big enough to hold lift arm on.

boovuc

Thanks, Guys!

And the number is..................3.

I wondered down to my place of employment and found a "suitable" bushing replacement for the time being. Used a stove bolt that is a little longer but doesn't interfere with anything.

I have another working deck but didn't want to rob Peter to pay Paul.

TT.........Can you pass that part number for #3 onto me if you get a chance? I'll see if my local dealer down this way can still find it or if he has some old stock.

Thanks,

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

wheelhorsec85

i got one for ya :wh: problem i only ship priority mail and anything 1 lb or less is 4.95 to ship :thumbs: . so check your dealer first . my guess is that is what they will charge for that part thou :) . maybe more .

TT

TT.........Can you pass that part number for #3 onto me if you get a chance?

102704 - "spacer"

The carriage bolt should be a 3/8-16 X 1 - available @ the hardware store ~ or 3231-2 OEM #.

boovuc

Thanks wheelhorsec85! I'll check locally first.

Terry........Thanks for the number.

Spacer, bushing, do-hickey, whatever. I'll see what I can come up with. I used our handy little drill press at work and drilled out a few old striped out hex-drivers that matched that spacer to a tee. My guess though is that it won't last long and they aren't perfectly round though I don't think it needs to be.

I finished mulching leaves and will do it one more time before the winter conversion!

Thanks Again!

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA