Sign in to follow this  
Actonhorse

Engine identification

Actonhorse

The engine identification plate on my kohler says it is a K241 but tonight I took off the backing plate for the PTO (it is shot by the way, down to the rivets!) and that gave me a better look at the block which has a K321 stamped into it just above the crank. Now I'm confused, would that mean that it is a 321 and the PO just changed the flywheel cover but didn't bother to change the id plate?

Kelly

I would say your correct, I think there are some 301 blocks that got bored to 241 spec's but that is the only instance I can think of that the casting no. would not be correct

Actonhorse

I am still pretty new to this addiction (i think my wife is looking for a support group) but the more I look at it I think that the PO must have swapped out the engine at some point. The engine has no bolts throught the right side to mount to the frame because it is about 1" over the side of the frame. It is all starting to make sense. Do you know if this will affect anything else on the tractor? It all seems to line up okay (pulleys etc) and once I get a few more parts it should run good. I guess more power is good!

I don't see a lot of 1067's on the site, are they rare?

stevasaurus

If you look under the frame, you should see the the engine is mounted...half with bolts and nuts, and the other side is bolted into threads in the block . That is how those are. :thumbs: