Sign in to follow this  
312horse

tiller

312horse

I need some pictures of the pulley placement showing the proper bolt holes below the pto on a 312-8 or a 416-8 i have the tiller which is mounted on a hydro drive but i plan on moving the tiller over to either my 312-8 or my 416-8 i could receive pictures at danda01@charter.net thanks to who ever answers DAVE

HankB

Does this help?

DSC_1479-PPx.JPG

I'm not positive it is correct.

:thumbs:

-hank

312horse

I thank you for the picture , it looks like you have to remove the tach matic latch? :thumbs:

MaineDad

You keep the mid attachment latch because that is how you attach the tension pulley setup. I do not have a pic now, but could find one later.

312horse

Thanks , I need all the help i can get without having the manual , the pictures really help .I have plenty of time between now and spring to get the info together i certainly appreciate the help from you folks on here Dave

312horse

Great , these pictures really help , i think now the problem i have , the front pulleys are bolted to the frame instead of being latched in tach matic because the tiller is mounted on a tractor before tach matic came along , the tractor is a hydro drive also and don,t seem to have much holdback potential when trying to till with it .Thats why i think i will put the tiller over on one of my 312-8s or my 416 -8

HankB

You keep the mid attachment latch because that is how you attach the tension pulley setup. I do not have a pic now, but could find one later.

That's right. The older style bolts to the frame. You (the OP) could try modifying the one you have or trading with someone who has a newer style and needs the older one. If you want to try the modification, I'd be glad to take detailed pictures and measurements of mine to get you off to a good start.

I till with a hydro and if I take a big bite, it can push the tractor a bit. I've heard that tilling with a manual trans works better and given the choice of tractors you have, I'd choose the 416-8. Plenty of power for the tiller and steady speeds with the manual.

-hank

312horse

Well I certainly thank you Hank, for the offer to show the mods , and i certainly could use the info .And yes i think the 416would be the best choice even tho it only takes an hour or so to do my tilling and i hate to tie that tractor up untill time to use it in the fall again . thats why i have four tractors , i have a plow , chains and weights, on a 312-8 (with electric lift by the way ) then i have a 48 in deck on the 416-8 , then i have a 36 rd mower on the other 312-8 .I just bought this tractor the other day, that has the tiller on it and wheel weights , but it seems awful light on the front end and it don,t take much to pop a wheely if i do leave it as a tiller tractor i will try and add some weight out in front doggone here i go getting long winded Dave in N. Michigan

312horse

Hank , I got to looking the pulley thing over and it turns out this tractor has a sort of tach matic latch on it, it don,t look much like the ones one the newer tractors but it turns out the pulley setup has a bar that goes clear across under the frame , so i would say it will snap right on anyone of the newer tractors , so by golly i think i,ll be all set now , thanks again for the help Dave