Sign in to follow this  
MaineDad

K241 and K301

MaineDad

Guys,

I am helping my neighbor do a complete tune-up on his C-125 8 Speed. Does the K241 and K301 use the same size breather, fuel pump and carb? They all look the same, but I want to make sure when I order gaskets, needles, etc.

Thanks,

TT

The tune up parts and gaskets would be the same.

You'll have to verify the type/model of carburetor before getting the kit for it though.

MaineDad

Thought so. Thanks TT - The carb is a Kohler 26, just like on my K241. I do need a new throttle cable for his C-125. The lever is fine, just need the cable. I cannot find it on partstree. Does anyone know the part number?

Thanks,

TT

108047 is the throttle cable assembly - which is the only way you'll get it from Toro. :thumbs:

If you want to try making your own cable, you should be able to buy the housing and inner wire separately at a local OPE shop. (or online)

MaineDad

Rats! May have to order the whole unit. I did notice that the carb on this C-125 has the big thick gasket, not the smaller one. Hopefully I can find the Kohler part number for the bigger gasket.

Polaris2007

The gasket set that I ordered for my K301 rebuild came with both the thin carb gasket and the thick carb gasket. It had been so long since i took it apart that I couldn't remember which one was in it, so I put in the thin one. Does anyone know if it matters which one you use? It stands to reason that it would matter since they go to the trouble of including both in the kit. But what could the difference be??? :thumbs: