Sign in to follow this  
Polaris2007

snow blower and snow plow questions

Polaris2007

I'm cleaning up the snowblower that I got with my C-101 so I can paint it up. When I turned the auger by hand I noticed something odd. the end of the auger opposite from the chain drive seems nice and tight, with no "play" in the bearing. The chain drive end of the auger however, seems to be all adrift. I can push and pull on it and it will move up and down, front to back, like 1/2". It is like the bearing is completely missing. it seems like that end of the auger is just hanging in the loop of drive chain. The odd part is that there is no evidence of any loose balls or other bearing parts rattling around in there. Is this thing missing a bearing, or is this by design?? I included a picture of the same model blower as mine so you guys could tell what model it is. And as for the plow question: I have a plow that I got with my 607. I will post a pic of it so that you can see that someone cut the frame off short, and rigged it to fit the 607. I would like to use this plow on my C-101. I want to extend the frame back out to the correct length for attaching it to a correct axle mount on my C-101. can anyone give me a measurement from the blade pivot pin center to the center of the rear mounting hole on their C-series blade? Thanks ......Jon H.

Attached Image

post-4-1287880292.jpg

Polaris2007

here is the plow.....

Attached Image (Click thumbnail to expand)

post-4-1287880351.jpg

Kelly

On the blower sounds like you need to pull it apart and put a bearing or 2 in it, on the plow your missing about 2 feet of frame.

mr.pipes

Take a look at the first post in F.A.Q and mechanical tips. Snow plow info, the long and the short. All the measurements are there.