Sign in to follow this  
TerryJW

401 Seat cover

TerryJW

Hi all, could someone tell me if the seat cover on my 401 is original. The cover is all white and not in too good of shape. I see a lot of the tractors have red and white combo instead of just plain white. I would like to get a new one for it but I only see the red and white combo for sale. Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Terry

Suburban 550

Terry, I know you're having trouble postin' pictures on here so I'll help you out. :) Not a real good picture but I think everyone will get the idea if this is original or not. :wh: The only ones I ever seen were red and white. :thumbs:

IMG_0496.jpg

64s

Terry,

I picked up a lawn ranger last year and the seat cover was all white - actually it appears to be almond (I haven't cleaned it yet). I did (and do) believe it was original to the ranger. I thought I had the only one. :thumbs:

George

Kelly

Dealers may have bought seat covers local to help save money and got generic white or off white, these may not be "factory"

clintonnut

RJ-seat covers were almond originally. Maybe leftover?

Charlie

KC9KAS

I'm not an expert on what is original and what isn't, but from reading everything on RS for the last 2 years, I believe that the WH factory may have used what ever was on the shelf to finish up a model....Not that it makes the tractor worth more or less, it just makes it a little more difficult to make an exact identification of a tractor, or what is/was on it originally.

We all know that when these tractors were new some 40-50 years ago, an owner wasn't even thinking about us collectors/restorers (some weren't even born yet) and may have made changes on their own or with the help of a dealer.

Just my observation....

TerryJW

Thanks you all for your help and Ray thanks for posting the picture

Terry