Sign in to follow this  
pfrederi

D200 Hydraulic Relief Valve?

pfrederi

My 1974 D200 doesn't have something called a relief valve part #104809. From looking through parts listings it appears to have been used only on 1975-77 D series tractors. It shows up on the hydrostatic transmission page but it isn't clear to me where it would fit in.

13f714103167394.jpg

It is the device in the small box in the lower left of the diagram

Is this something I should add to my D200??? What does it do and where does it fit in??

wh79d160

I have a 76 that has one. I was wondering what it was as well.IM015946.jpg You search for the thread.

gwest_ca

The relief valve was available for the 1973 18hp Auto and 1974 D-Series as Service Assembly 101678.

The instructions and parts list are in the Files of

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals2_1/

next to the operator manual for the 1973 and named Tractor 1974 D-Series Relief Valve Kit for 1974.

Garry

wh79d160

Here's some pics of my 76. Looks like the hoses attach to the bottom of the hydro motor & has a guard over it.000_0012.jpg,000_0011.jpg

ol550

Is this something I should add to my D200??? What does it do and where does it fit in??

My understanding is that it is not totally necessary, that is if you don't cowboy the direction lever. :thumbs: It is used as a damper for the hydro motor and rear end. At present I do not have one on my D-200 and have found I can almost do burnouts. I will be putting it back on before next mowing season as those hydro parts can be pricey. Mike

wh79d160

:thumbs: But, does your D200 have a rubber disc between the engine & hydro coupler. Mine doesn't & I'm having an issue with not being able to get my PTO pully back far enough to line up with the clutch pully. I need about the width of the rubber disc to make it line up. however I still wouldn't be able to slide the engine foward any more as there is no adjustment @ the engine mount @ the frame rails. I'm a little baffled. :)

ol550

Mine does have the rubber disk, never saw one without it. Can you post a picture of that setup. I figured the rubber disc was to allow for alignment error. As to the PTO pulley lining up... I can't help much, for some reason mine has an electric clutch. Mike

Trouty56

I would check the PTO pulley on the front of the PTO shaft to be sure it is back far enough. There are no adjustments for any of the parts you are describing. The PTO pulley is held in place by a snap ring on the front and a snap ring behind the front bearing assembly.

pfrederi

Thank you all for the information. Interesting that after 1977 WH dropped the damper. Cost cutting??

Since mine has a FEL it probably should have had one added as FEL use is a lot of back and forth maneuvering. It may also explain why the hydro motor on it was shot when I got it. Guess adding one goes on the to do list and in the meantime slow and easy on directional changes.

Thanks again!!

Trouty56

I don't have one either Paul on my 74.....but....mine is a 180 and no FEL. I wouldn't say I baby it but I don't abuse it either..lol. Surely not even close to FEL work.