Sign in to follow this  
devildog

BDR 385

devildog

hello all,

I've got a couple of questions:

I've located a snow blade for my L-156, however the guy is asking alot more for the blade than I paid for the tractor, he's asking $175. Am I expecting too little or is he expecting too much? It looks very good, which leads me into the next question; are there any mounting hitches/ lift arm hitches or any other thingamabobs to get this thing on the tractor and working. It doesn't come with anything more than the blade and mount frame.

Any and all help appreciated.

Greg

W9JAB

This the full unit

plow.jpg

CasualObserver

No... it looks like this. Lawn Ranger's can't use the full undercarriage blade frames that the garden tractors use, they're too close to the ground.

You can use 6-3111 to look it up at Toro.com.

52580034.gif

littleredrider

If that's all the comes with it, that is way too much. I paid $100 for mine and included everything, was in nice shape too.

dgoyette

I agree with littleredrider that it is way too much for an incomplete set up.

I have seen them go for around $100-$125.00 - if you need it shipped add $50.

Kelly

I don't see many Ranger blades around me, but reg long frame blades are everywhere, I have 10 of them and not one blade for my Rangers.

So supply and demand, will set the price, and how complete.

Lane Ranger

No secret on what I paid for this one at the Portland, Indiana Tri-State Engine Swap meet in 2008!

Its in black marker on the front of the plow and that included the two lift pieces.

It cost me $25 more for a set of nice chains for the Lawn Ranger.

100_9065.jpg

:thumbs:

hcminis

dern Lane...would like to have it for my ranger.

pfrederi

I got mine on ebay for $11 4-5 years ago. It didn't come with the frame mounting plates. Made some out of 1/8 steel plate. Originals were thicker but mine have worked out OK. You want to make sure that you get the two lifting bars #14 and 17 on the parts diagram. The wear edges are NL from toro and the bolt pattern is different from the 42/48 blades.

Even with out weights she will push snow well. Having to get off to angle the blade is a hassle. There are no skid plates so the wear edge will wear fairly fast depending on teh surface of your driveway

devildog

Thanks everyone for your insight and posts.

Kind of what I was thinking, sometimes it's good to get some outside perspective. I just can't justify that much, and I'm sure he wouldn't come down much. Although they are not making them anymore either.

Greg