Sign in to follow this  
Forest Road

Manual down pressure on a snow plow?

Forest Road

I'm trying to find a way to get down pressure w/ a 312-8 to my snow/dirt plow. Having the factory chain inbetween the lifting mechanisms screws the whole works up. I've heard plenty of guys mention a solid lift link but the chain is still in play? Am I missing something here? I now have a grader mounted on one tractor w/ the solid link. Was there a similar link made for the plow once upon a time?

Thank you

Kevin

C-Series14

Yea...same principle. I use solid links on both my grader blade and dozer blade. I remove the lift bar completely...

Lane Ranger

I think this 42 inch snow/dozer blade manual has the two solid links that were used on various tractors pictured and also describes a 3/8 x 16 nylok nut being used to allow downward pressure on the snowblade in the text of the manual.

The Manual is listed in the Wheel Horse Manuals 7 chapter on Wheel Horse.org .

Blade Dozer 42in 1974 Blade 6-9624 #803426

I believe the two parts are 1. 7706 Lift Bar Assembly and 2) 15052 Link Short .

I have attached some photos of my 7706 Lift Bar Assembly piece:

100_9191.jpg

100_9192.jpg

:thumbs:

Forest Road

Thanks for the info.

C-Series I would assume that you're link is simialr to Lane Rangers w/ no bends in it. If you have time could you measure them pin to pin? I'm using a 48" plow on a 312-8 manual all he way. My machines are 200 miles away. I'd rather not spend the time fabbing anything there, takes away from fishing and time w/ the family.

Thanks

Kevin

jasoncracer

i just went through the same thing and bought a solid bar now i can push dirt!

C-Series14

Thanks for the info.

C-Series I would assume that you're link is simialr to Lane Rangers w/ no bends in it. If you have time could you measure them pin to pin? I'm using a 48" plow on a 312-8 manual all he way. My machines are 200 miles away. I'd rather not spend the time fabbing anything there, takes away from fishing and time w/ the family.

Thanks

Kevin

I believe mine is the same length as Lane Ranger's.

I also have the bent link which is used on the grader blade....

Forest Road

That dam lift bar is going!

And I wish I'd thought of it earlier. I might be able to use the grader solid link. It might require a new lift tab on the plow frame. But its easier than reaching up into the frame to install the keeper pin.

Thanks again!

Kevin