Sign in to follow this  
Pollack Pete

Ready For Snow

Pollack Pete

Just finished putting a snow plow on my B-100 Automatic.This is for the squaw so she can help me this Winter.I'll see how it pushes snow.Maybe I'll put my wheel weights on the rear if it doesn't push well.Has anyone here fabricated anything better than the " coat hanger " wires that go from the angle lever to the lock pin on the plow? Gotta be a better way to do this.

PA190399.jpg

PA190400.jpg

whfan74

It is looking good and ready for battle! Have fun with it this winter!

WHC-125

Looks like your all set! And I see your already starting to work on the GT-14 :thumbs: :)

mr.pipes

I was thinking the same thing when getting my plows out the other day. That wire set up is lousy on mine anyway. There is a post by Ian on here and he used a brake/clutch type lever with a braided cable that looks like the way to go.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=1288

Retired Wrencher

:thumbs: :):wh: Pete Nice worker I hope u plow some big snow this year Nothing like getting snowed in and working with the W/Horse for the Day. Gary B.....

JoeMonag

I have replaced mine with 12 gauge suspended bar wire. The sell it in six foot lenghts at Home depot, and it is galvanized. Joe in Norton

TT

Has anyone here fabricated anything better than the "coat hanger" wires that go from the angle lever to the lock pin on the plow?

Toro actually started using a release cable quite a few years ago.

Link to IPL @ PartsTree

The old "coat hanger" set-up might appear crude compared to modern technology, but it certainly beat getting off the tractor to pull a pin so you could angle the blade. :thumbs: (even though the foot-release blades were way cooler! :) )

linen beige

the foot-release blades were way cooler!

:thumbs:

KC9KAS

Toro actually started using a release cable quite a few years ago.

When I looked at the parts breakdown, I didn't see that the cable went all the way to the handle....in reality, does it fasten to the handle?

TT

Yes - it runs all the way from the release pin to the lever.