Sign in to follow this  
multihobbyguy

Fuel Pump Question

multihobbyguy

Hello, I am working on a K141 to put on a horse and I have a fuel pump question. I am thinking that I am missing a little lever to run the pump but someone told me they thought that it might work from the vacuum of the engine. The name Airtech is on the top of the pump. I figured I could post a couple of shots and someone on here would know, thanks in advanced for taking a look, Chris.

MowerQuestions012.jpg

MowerQuestions016.jpg

JimD

I believe what you have there is a vacuum type pump, which is common on the K141 engine. It has no lever. If it isn't working you might need to replace the diaphram in the pump that creates the vacuum to draw the fuel to the engine. I think one of our members, Buckrancher has these. You could send him a PM.

Kelly

Yup vacuum pump, there was a thread just a week or so ago about them, and rebuilding them.

multihobbyguy

Thanks for checking in and letting me know what I have. I guess the next step will be to mount it on the new motor and see if it still wants to pump fuel. If not I did do a search and see that there are at least two options to rebuilding it. Thanks for sharing your knowledge, Chris