Sign in to follow this  
dw1973

Picked up a 1956 Bantam 5000 tractor

dw1973

Bought this neat little tractor the other day for my son. Anyone out there have a front dozer/snow blade for it for sale? I am looking for one.

IMG_4374.jpg

Horse'n Around

Holy Cow that is cool!!! Your son is going to absolutely love that!

John

stevebo

Yeah right !! for your son..... Looks great !! Not sure how much snow it will push though . :thumbs:

dw1973

This little tractor is a tank in disguise :thumbs: It has an automotive type transmission and rear differential. I have to admit I did ride it around for a bit before turning it over to junior. Some info on it: http://www.bantamtractor.com/lit.html :)

dw1973

One more pic:

IMG_4375.jpg

multihobbyguy

Here is a website with some pictures and some parts for the Bantam. I saw some of the tractors in the pictures at a engine show in Ottawa Kansas about a month ago. They were really nice tractors.

http://panzerbantam.homestead.com/Reproduction-Parts.html

horsefeathers

I love these li'l tractors and have seen them before!

last one I saw was at clarion Pa. tractor show!

The owner wouldn't sell! I don't blame him there too cute!

Hope you got a good deal!

:thumbs: HORSEFEATERS!

dw1973

If anybody has attachments for it for sale please contact me. Taraanddave@aol.com

Dave

jasoncracer

very cool

mavfreak

where were the tractors built? I know the bantam car was built here by me in bulter PA (birth place of the jeep) but I don't recall the tractors being built here.

My uncle had one in NC I can remember ridding it around some

Lane Ranger

More Bantam photos for everyone to see.

Here is a Bantam pic from Winamac, Indiana Show in 2009:

100_6201.jpg

Here is a "fuzzy" video with a Bantam from the 2010 Edinburgh, Indiana Lawn and Tractor Show at the Johnson County Park. I think you will know the guy talking to the kids with the red shirt and white pants- it's Bill Pearson!

[url=http://s728.photobucket.com/albums/ww284/LaneRanger104/Edinburgh%20Tractor%20Show-June%202010/?action=view

VinsRJ

Yours looks to be in great shape to boot. I've only seen really ruff ones.

dw1973

That is a Bantam 3000 model with a Briggs 9FB 3hp motor at the Winamac show. I heard they even made a smaller kid version witha 1 1/2hp motor.

My sons is in pretty good shape - runs like a top too. Starts on 1st pull every time. I hope to locate a front snow blade and the kiddie trailer for it.

CasualObserver

Nice little tractor, and it does look like it's in good shape. I know there's at least one other member besides me who has one. Mine's also a 5000. It's in rough but solid shape, pulled it out of a barn it's been in for many, many years. It's farther down the project list. Good luck on looking for attachments, they're far more rare than the tractors! I think the guy who makes reproduction parts also makes a reproduction kiddie cart for a few hundred dollars. You'd just have to see if he still does.

They were made in Indiana by Standard Manufacturing, and are not in any way associated with Bantam cars.

You've probably already looked around, but the only sites I've found with Bantam stuff are already listed with the exception of the Yahoo Group for them, and the GT Talk forum. (they have a Bantam section) There's also a few you tube videos of them if you search there.

Thanks for sharing the pictures, and enjoy your new ride! :thumbs:

Buzz

Here's my 3000. Engine was built in 1953 so I'm thinking it's a 1954:

Bantam.jpg

And a few more at last years Farm Fun Day, Vincentown NJ

023.jpg

020.jpg

022.jpg

021.jpg

dw1973

Thanks for the pics! I forgot to mention I will offer a finders fee for leads to a snow plow :thumbs:

dw1973

I picked up a very nice sickle bar mower attachment for it. I will post a pic when I get a chance.