Sign in to follow this  
Vinylguy

Verify Dimensions for these decals

Vinylguy

Can someone verify that these Hydro and PTO Knob decals are 1.25 inch round?

I believe they were used on some d series from 73 to 77

Thanks

hydro_shift_knobs.jpg

Kelly

I don't have one to check right now but they are the same size as the shift pattern on the C's

Vinylguy

Thanks Kelly

I thought they were but needed to make sure.

wh79d160

I can check in a couple hours if you want to know for sure. P.S. I need an engine decal for my k532 ?? on my D200. I don't currently have one.

Vinylguy

What is a K532 ? and does it look like the other one pc decals? 20HP ?

GlenPettit

Terry:

If they fit into the standard flat top knobs (1 7/8" diameter knob), then the inside flat area is just a "hair" under 1 1/4", probably 1 15/64" for the decal to fit inside. I have the blank 'brass insert' flat top knobs available, under Venders. Would be glad to send you one to check fit, as the decal must be slightly undersize to fit in completely, gratus, if you'ld like.

Glen

PS: The old (dried out, slightly whitish) flat top knobs can be revived using Meguires Plastic Restorer (or STP or ArmourAll), but you must apply the new decal FIRST before you spray the oils on. That oil revives the old plastic that dried out over the years: (1) best to clean it, place it on the shaft tightly (blue thread-lock), (2) apply the new decal so it is 'right-reading', (3) spray on the oil, rub in, wrap in plastic or syran-wrap for a few days, re-oil, re-wrap. If buying, be sure to only purchase knobs with the Brass Inserts, like the originals, plastic threads just don't hold up in regular use. Good Luck

wh79d160

Terry, A K532 is a 20hp . I don't know if it looks like the others, mine was repainted when I bought it & it does not have one. Hopefully some one else that has one can answer the question or add a pic for us. Thanks :thumbs: