Sign in to follow this  
NF-Tinman

1995 Wheelhorse 520-H Problems

NF-Tinman

Looking for a little help here guys from the experts.I have a 1995 520-H with a 60 inch mowing deck.When i get it in thick or high grass the blades slow down as well as the PTO and come to a complete stop.It doesn't matter how slow I go the blades slow down then stop completely.I have replaced the belts on the PTO with after market belts(no toro) and it's really did not make a difference.I also have a 2 stage snowthrower and experienced the same problems.I am mechanically inclined and am willing to dig into the problem myself.I am also in the market for a 48 inch snow/dozer blade for my tractor new or used with the extension kit for the 520-H. I live on the east coast of Canada and it's had to locate here.I have no problem travelling to the east coast of the US to pick this up if it's available.Thanks guys in advance for any assistance you can give me.WHEELHORSE RULES.!!!!!

TT

:)

Have you checked the condition of the friction disc of the PTO clutch assembly or tried adjusting the linkage?

NF-Tinman

No I have not checked the clutch yet.I do have the shop manuals and the parts manual.Is there an easy way to adjust the clutch?

TT

If the friction lining is "good", the PTO clutch can be adjusted by turning the trunnion on the engagement rod. (there should be instructions/illustrations in your manual)

NF-Tinman

I will try the adjustment on the trunnion and seeif that works for me.I knew i came to the right place for advise.Thanks to Mainedad for recommending this site and thank you for your replies and assistance.WHEELHORSE RULES!!!!!!!

TT

OK........ I couldn't wait. :USA:

The yellow arrow is pointing to the trunnion. Remove the clip and pull the trunnion free from the triangular plate. You'll want to turn it (one turn at a time, then hook it up & try it) back the rod until the PTO lever still engages the clutch without too much force, but without clutch slippage.

060c333e-1-1.jpg

Glad to help! :)

NF-Tinman

TT. You de man. Thanks Very Much.I didn't realize i was gonna get illustrated instructions also.Once again thanks. If you ever find Newfoundland the beers on me.

racinfool40

:USA: Tinman Sounds like TT nailed it again :) if you changed belts might want to check the front mule drive tensionalso>>

pumper.atv

:USA: you can find lots of good info here :)

:wh:

NF-Tinman

Now if you guy's can find me 48 inch snow blade I'll be a happy man.

mr.pipes

I have two 48" snow blades and would be willing to part with one. I live in MA if you are serious about traveling that far.