Sign in to follow this  
closha63

Throttle trouble

closha63

I have been rebuilding a Charger 12 auto with a K301. I have finally been able to drive it around the yard and use it to do a little work but I am having trouble with the throttle floating. I am pretty sure that the throttle linkage where the spring is under the carb. is incorrect. I am not sure what holes to use and the governor i am sure will need set. If anyone has any pictures and or tips to help me correct this please post. Off the topic of that i am trying to figure out, is there a loader assembly that mounts on the charger 12? If anyone has any information on that please advise me.

rmaynard

I believe the K301 on the Charger 12 is set up the same as my K241's.

Loosen the locking bolt on the governor arm and place it in the full upright position. Grab the shaft of the governor with pliers and rotate it counter-clockwise. Lock the bolt. Place the spring in 3rd hole up from bottom on the governor arm and 3 down from the top on the throttle arm. That should be a good starting point. That is where both of my K241's are set.

T_2.jpg

Bob

mattd860

Sorry to hijack this thread... but what is this part number (the bracket in the yellow circle)???

T_2.jpg

rmaynard

Don't have an exact part number (possibly 35084), but I'm sure that someone has a parts tractor they can take one from for you.

Bob