Sign in to follow this  
squonk

Fall foliage tour

squonk

When I was a kid I saw a magazine add for the D series. God I wanted one. I was mowing an acre and a half with a 64 604 with a 32" deck. My buddy picked up a D160 with the one lunger Kohler. He lives in the valley of the Fingerlakes of New York. We went on a foliage tour. Through the woods and down limited use dirt highways. I was driving the D and he had his Raider 10 with a 6.5 Chinese re-power. We went about 6 miles. I finally got to drive a D. It took 40 yrs. That thing is a tank. I wish I brought my camera.

stevasaurus

Mike...what the heck are you thinking????? :) You should know by now this is all about pictures...especially in the fall in upstate N.Y..... :USA::wh: :)

wh79d160

Must not have been many turns. After 6 miles my arms would have been tired but they are "tanks" , lots of fun. I'm thinking about looking for a little brother (roundhood) for my D's to play with. Thanks for the visual picture. :)

squonk

Not a whole lot of turns. Lots and lots of hills with switchbacks. That D drives like a semi. Even has the exhaust stack with the flapper. :) :USA:

KC9KAS

Ah yes, "Good things come to those who wait!" :)

Edjfleming

The D-160 is a tank, but they are nice and comfortable and steer with ease.

wheelhorseGOD

i love the d series but the best one is the d250 i just need one more part and mine will be going