Sign in to follow this  
strausbo

B80 Rebuild

strausbo

I have been working on a basket case B80 that I picked up. It was a roller with many missing parts besides the engine. I now have a K181 on it and finally got it running in the tractor today. I have a few questions that I hope I can get answered here. (1) I need a belt guard from what I understand. The gears grind when I depress the clutch and try to engage a gear. Is the this belt guard the same as a B100, C120 and C160 belt guard? If you have one that you can part with, let me know. (2) I rigged up a switch and ammeter in order to get this machine running. The ammeter is an old wheel horse item that I picked up and am not sure if it works. With the tractor engine running the ammeter stays on zero. I want to troubleshoot this to determine if the starter generator is charging or if a have a junk ammeter. I am thinking of just connecting my Simpson 260 VOM in place of the ammeter. Will this work OK? What should I expect for charging current? If my charging current is weak or non-existent, should I suspect the voltage regulator or the S/G? (3.) Lastly, what diameter pulley should be on the crank?, the idler? and the transmission? I bought a new idler, the trans pulley was on the tractor, and the crank pulley should be correct to the original B80. Thanks for any help on my questions. This is a great website! I am glad I found it.

Crazywheelhorseman

Well first off welcome to red square. i may have a belt guard but to know which one it is i need to figure out what style of b80 you have. with or with out tool box under the fender pan. also you tractor should have a geared starter not a starter/generator. and the crank pulley i believe is a 4" -wayne

strausbo

I'm not going for correct rebuild on this machine. I want to make it a work horse for anything other than mowing grass. As far as a tool box. There is an open area above the differential and under the seat pan. I can get you a model number off the tag still on the tractor. Thanks!

Crazywheelhorseman

A model number will work. i mentioned the gear start because usually with a starter/generator it can get crowded and tight to get a battery in and I've always found the under flywheel charging system more reliable thats all.

Crazywheelhorseman

A model number will work. i mentioned the gear start because usually with a starter/generator it can get crowded and tight to get a battery in and I've always found the under flywheel charging system more reliable thats all.

strausbo

Model # 1-0141

Serial #75237

Crazywheelhorseman

Ok so your tractor is a 1975 b80 4speed so you fender pan has a latch and flips up. i have a belt guard for it. pm me and we can work out cost and shipping.

strausbo

Craztwheelhorseman.......are you going to send me a picture with cost for the B80 belt guard? I have not heard back from you? Thanks!

shipping to Mishawaka, IN 46544

strausbo