Sign in to follow this  
dw1973

C120 and 702 for $300 - some questions

dw1973

I located a C120 (no seat/mower deck/front tires) - motor status is unknown (turned over by hand fairly easy) and a 702 missing motor/starter/generator (has tucky pull start engine) that is otherwise complete and in good shape.

Tin on both are in good shape except hood on 702 needs fab work in the front where it sits on the frame. Both need paint jobs. Tires are in good shape on the 702 and the rears on the C120 are o.k.

Seller is asking $300 for both tractors. Is this a good deal or a money pit to put back together original? What is the average selling price in the midwest for these tractors in the described condition?

HankB

My $0.02 - not even close. Unless you already have some of those parts on hand, you could wind up spending more than you expect getting both complete. And you don't even know what the condition of the engine and trans is on the C120. But my inclination is to at least get something that runs.

-hank

Sparky

Sounds steep to me. If the C-120 motor turns over "easy" that might not be good news.

Mike........