Sign in to follow this  
MalMac

A nasty rumor

MalMac

The other day I was at a dealer, not my normal dealer just a dealer that I happend to be on my way of travel. He said that the represenative that he deals with told him that Toro was starting to come to an end on parts alot sooner than planned or thought they would. That they had no plans to keep producing even the most common parts in demand. That they were getting ready to pull the plug soon. How soon he did not know. With that being said has anyone heard anything on this? Or was this just a dealer trying to install panic and make a quick sale? There are good dealers and bad ones just like anything else in life. Just thought I would put this up here to see if anyone else has heard anything or those on here that might be in the know can shed some light on the rumor. Myself I think it would be hard to stop making parts such as mower blades, tie rods ends, clutch plates, etc. with soo many WH's still out there on the job. But with todays ecnomy and state of the country who knows what big buisnes will do. Just because there are few hundred or even a couple of thousand WH's still on the job and us collectors I don't think that Toro will keep us in mind when it comes down to what sells and what does not on a whole.

T-Mo

Parts on the older models will most definitely will be NLA in time. I would think since Toro made the Wheel Horse Classic and sold them new as late as 2007, those parts will stay in the inventory for a few more years. Some of the parts for the older tractors will probably be getting scarce. This is happening right now with MTD and Cub Cadet. There have been a few people who have started to make and sell reproduction parts for them though. There are probably a few reproduction parts available now for Wheel Horses and probably more to come as we start to see "NLA" from Toro.