Sign in to follow this  
Dale

what better cradle mount or soild mount

Dale

I have a C-81 I want to repower with K-301 I have both soild and rubber mounted which do you pefer? and is the a difference in vabiration

Kelly

Me I like the solid mount engines, the Iso mount engines tend to shake more, and make the tractor rattle, and that is one with good rubber mounts, I have another that the rubbers are shot in and that one shakes wicked at a idle.

Docwheelhorse

The rubber mount engines tend to pull backwards against the mounts when you engage the PTO--the whole engine tilts slightly.... then they where suppose to stop vibration (NOT..) and then they reduce the capacity of your oil pan by half..... I vote and run solid mount engines wherever I can

Tony

300zx

Dale, my vote is solid mounts for the same reasons as Kelly and Doc said. I think Wheel Horse came to the same conclusion after putting them on the C series, because they went back to solid mounts in the 80's and 90's.

rmaynard

My vote is for solid.

Bob

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: I will jump in on the band wagon and say Solid my C-141 does not run like the rest of the heard. + @ $20.00 a piece and less power loss. Easy decision. Gary B...