Sign in to follow this  
Gene_S

RJ58 Transmission Parts

Gene_S

I'm looking for some info on where I can get the seals and case gaskets for my RJ58 transmission. I've serched through some threads with no luck. So if some one can point me in the direction on where to get these items. Are any of them still available?

Axle seals #1257 (2)

Input shaft-Brake shaft seal #1234 (2)

Case gaskets #3536 (2)

Thanks...

sorekiwi

I bought case gaskets through my Toro dealer (Humphreys in Greencastle) a couple of years ago Gene.

Suburban 550

Gene, when I restored my 550 about 3 years ago, all the seals and gaskets were available through Ringtown Farm Equipment, a former Wheel Horse dealer and now a present Toro dealer. I believe the RJ 58 and 550 were the same 3 piece transmissions. :USA: Let me know if you can't get them where you're at and I'll check and see if they're still available. :)

Gene_S

Thanks Mike and Ray. I will go to Wabash Portable (Toro dealer here) today and see if I can still get them. When I was on line at the Toro parts look up it didn't have OEM next to the part number so I thought maybe they were not avalible.

Ray your right the 550 and RJ58 transmission part numbers were the same for what I needed.

I'll keep my fingers crossed...

Jim_M

Gene,

I sold Joe Papke 8 axle seals last Saturday, the were the last ones that I had. You might want to check with him.

Jim

Gene_S

Thats kinda funny Jim, He knew I needed some.

Gene_S

Went to Toro and ordered the seals. The gaskets are no longer avalible. Does anyone have a pair of gaskets they would sell? Or just make my own?

MikesRJ

You're better of making your own side cover gaskets, unless someone answers up with a pair. You can get rolls of 1/16" to 1/32" gasket materials at any Advanced Auto Parts, Pep Boys, or NAPA store. I used the 3/64" on my RJ-58.

• Like 1

wallfish

I bought a set of gaskets off ebay. The guy puts them up every so often. I'm just going to copy them for 2 other trannys that will need them.

WH_4741

When I rebuilt my 5003, I found SKF 9815's on eBay for the axle seals and SKF 7627's for the Input and Brake Shaft seals.

Axle Seals:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SKF-CR-Chicago-Rawhide...=item1c0eb87c4e

Input Shaft Seals:

http://cgi.ebay.com/SKF-CR-Chicago-Rawhide...=item1c0eb87c4e

I made my own side gaskets from material found at NAPA. My local Toro dealer said I should use 1/16" to provide proper spacing.