Sign in to follow this  
Mrs. Ed

D-Series Turning Brake Installation

Mrs. Ed

Hello,

I have a few questions and I'm hoping some D-series experts out there can help me. I have a D-200 that came from the factory without the turning brakes; it has the standard left brake pedal that actuates the brake band on the transaxle mounted drum.

I have finally collected all of the parts for the turning brake setup, I think (I have a pile of control rods but am unsure if I have the correct ones). I have seen photos (I think rickv1957 has one) of D-Series tractors that have both the standard left brake pedal and right-side turning pedal setup in place.

If so, where does the transfer shaft that controls the left side turning brake caliper mount? I have only two sets of holes in the frame, one has the transfer shaft for the standard left brake pedal/parking brake setup and the other has the rockshaft for the decklift mechanism mounted in it. Do I need to drill another set of holes to mount the turning brake transfer shaft? :USA:

Hopefully someone can explain this and some pictures of a similar setup would be really helpful. :)

wh500special

If so, where does the transfer shaft that controls the left side turning brake caliper mount?

Whoops, forgot to answer the original question after I posted my search results...

I don't have a picture available, but the two possible points you mentioned aren't far enough aft in the tractor. Just ahead of the transaxle on the main tractor frame will be two holes on each framerail for the transfer shaft to attach.

Steve

Save Old Iron

Polly,

the D is in the driveway today.

I'll be happy to grab some pics for you of each mounting or transition point for the linkages.

Pics to follow later on tonight.

Save Old Iron

Polly,

the D is in the driveway today, so here you go. It's a D200 so I expect the setup is more or less original. It's fresh off the trailer from the PO so sorry for the dirt and twigs and such in the pics. I have not had a chance to wash it down yet.

I did re-sized all the pics to allow faster downloads out of consideration to out Dialup members.

If you need any additional pics for clarification, or if you need the original sized pics for greater detail, let me know.

RIMG_1171.jpg

RIMG_1173.jpg

RIMG_1174.jpg

RIMG_1175.jpg

RIMG_1176.jpg

RIMG_1177.jpg

RIMG_1178.jpg

RIMG_1179.jpg

RIMG_1181.jpg

RIMG_1182.jpg

RIMG_1183.jpg

RIMG_1184.jpg