Sign in to follow this  
RPR

Availability of Parts?

RPR

I recently purchased a 1990 WH and put a tiller on it. I was very impressed with the way it left my garden...much nicer than I had anticipated. I started thinking about finding a snowblower for it, when a friend told me he had a C-121 for sale with a deck and snowblower. He thinks it is a mid to late 1970's tractor. I saw it and it looks to be in good shape for the age, but before paying $900 for it, I thought I'd ask you all who would know, am I going to run into trouble should I need to find parts for it down the road? It also has a power lift and I am wondering if that was an add on by someone, or was that an option, as most I have seen advertised had a manual lift although this looks original to me...but I am newly into WH tractors and don't know much about the different models yet.

Thanks

C-Series14

They were made in 1978-1979. Is it and Auto or 8-Speed? I have several of them and have had no problems getting parts. Of course, I have never needed many parts on any of them. When I restore them, probably 10 percent of what I remove (parts wise) needs replaced...I mowed with a 1979 C-141 8-Speed for several years before I restored it and just changed the oil and added gas....that was using it year round also.

Duff

RPR, from what I've read and learned here over the past couple years, parts for the C-series tractors are still generallly available both OEM, remanufactured to OEM spec, through members here, and (I shudder to say it!) eBay. So parts shouldn't deter you from getting one. :)

$900 sounds a bit high to me, but I'd rather those with more experience offer their thoughts on pricing (knowing as we all do there are a ton of variables). WHat part of the world are you inh

Good luck!

~Duff :USA:

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: RPR the autos had power lift on them like my C_141 has a very nice thing to have. I use it for snow plowing and if you have a lot of landscaping this comes in handy for finger touch control on your height. the lift is made for any W/H attachment that made. That C-121 is bullet prof they where made to work and work hard. I hope this helps. Gary B..

Wheel Horse Fan

The C-121 probably shares 90% or more of the parts that your 90's WH has. It's basically the hood, dash and a few electrical items that are different. I just rebuilt an '80 C-175 and referenced my '97 416-8 if I wasn't quite sure how something went back together.

I can't wait to mow with the auto it should be much easier.