Sign in to follow this  
KC9KAS

WHEEL HORSE TILLER

KC9KAS

Went to an old fellows house today to look at a couple of WH tractors :) . He had a Charge 10 and a Charger 12 :) . He wanted $400 for the 10, and $1000 for the 12, but was about $1200 too high for the both of them :wh: !

I did end up with a 36" WH tiller for $25 :) . The tines turn fine when the large pulley is rotated. There are some other idler pulleys (rusted tight) with this, but I have no idea if they belong with this tiller or not.

If someone can help with a model number, I can look for a picture book and see what it fits, and if I have all the goodies. :USA:

GEDC0133.jpg

GEDC0132.jpg

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx264/kc9kas/wheel%20horse/GEDC0131.jpg[/iM

TT

7-1211 ~ used on most of the "normal" garden tractors up until 1973-ish when the Attach-Matic hitch system was introduced.

I had one identical to it that came with a 1969 Charger 12.

HankB

GEDC0131.jpg

I have nothing to add except to get your third picture posted. (Needed a "G]")

-hank

wheel horse 1045

you can use that tiller with the quick attach front pulley system instead of those old pulleys,that's how I'm running mine on a C160

KC9KAS

Thank you Hank...wondered what happened to the 3rd photo!

Thanks TT & WH1045 for the info.

The guy had a Charger 12...don't know the year...maybe the tiller was for it!

The guy also had a 1045 that was his normal yard mowing tractor. All his tractors were inside and looked good, just too much $$ for me!

He also had a 1931 FORD in his garage!

Raider

You're missing a belt guard and two belts. Or make/buy a newer style mid-attach idler like WH1045 suggests and run it on one long belt. I have that tiller on my Raider and changed it over that way. You'll need to use the old hitch with the pulley on it unless you want to really start changing things. I'll try and get a couple of pics of what I changed.

KC9KAS

I was hoping someone could :) me work towards the 1 single looooog belt to run this thing!

It looks as though it attaches directly to the back axle, and the up/down lever operates it up/down via the cable to the back below the seat.

MikesRJ

The manual might help you out some:

7-1211 Manual

Retired Wrencher

:) :wh::USA: Ken nice set up check it out with the bearings she if she turn over and put here to work. Gary B...........

520HC
DSC02209.jpg

520HC
DSC02210.jpg

520HC

Actually this drive system works very well.

Raider

Here's how I've changed mine to work with a single belt under the tractor. I bought the belt before making the front idler and built the idler to fit. I had to mount the tiller as far to the right as I could in order for it all to line up since I eliminated the double pulley idler. The rear lift uses the hole through the center of the slot hitch. The tiller mounting hitch is supposed to have that bend in the center of the round bar to clear the back of the transaxle.

Raidertiller01.jpg

Raidertiller02.jpg

Raidertiller03.jpg

Raidertiller04.jpg

Raidertiller05.jpg