Sign in to follow this  
mattd860

WH Pictures from Local Show

mattd860

I went to a local antique tractor show in Haddam, CT on Saturday and there were some really nice WH tractors. I fell in love with the RJ series tractor and now I'm in the market for one!!!!!!!!! (but don't tell my wife :) )

Many of the WH owners at the show were using their tractors and wagons to move stuff around or to just drive around the show. It was nice to see the majority of them in action, not just sitting shiny under a tent (although the show pieces were fabulous too).

0918101144.jpg

0918101343.jpg

0918101143.jpg

0918101341.jpg

0918101341a.jpg

0918101530.jpg

0918101513.jpg

0918101342.jpg

0918101501.jpg

"WHEEL DEER"

0918101523.jpg

HankB

Thanks for the pix, Matt.

At the Sycamore Steam show I spoke with a participant who used his (?) Raider 12 to pull a trailer with all of his other stuff out to the parking lot so he could sidestep the traffic jam when it was time to go home. Then he'd load the tractor on that trailer and pull it home.

That saw looks awesome but I would be terrified that I'd stumble and fall into it. :scared:

-hank

stevasaurus

Very nice pics Matt. That portable sawmill is kind of neat. :)

mattd860

I loved the sawmill too. If I were to fab something like this I would definitely put a shield around most of the blade though.

bustedglass

Great pics. Thanks for sharing :USA: .

But, why on earth would anyone ruin a good tractor, and make a Wheel Deere :) .

mattd860

Great pics. Thanks for sharing :USA: .

But, why on earth would anyone ruin a good tractor, and make a Wheel Deere :) .

It was a father & young-daughter rebuild so I feel bad criticizing it but I really wish they didn't paint it green. It's especially painful to see this considering the rarity of the RJ series.

HankB

It was a father & young-daughter rebuild so I feel bad criticizing it but I really wish they didn't paint it green. It's especially painful to see this considering the rarity of the RJ series.

IMO a good call not criticizing. If green made his daughter happy, it's worth it's weight in gold. In any case, the paint is only skin deep and if the father/daughter keep the tractor out of the scrap heap, they're doing the WH community a service.

Be polite and perhsps some day they'll see the value of painting it the proper color. :)

Roger from southern Iowa

Looks like a good show.

Good pics, thanks!!

VinsRJ

I have to agree, no green for RJ's. :USA:

Interesting the RJ58-9 the older guy is riding has a 55-56 RJ35 hood on it. :)

MikesRJ

Nice paint job, I won't complain, but it's still sacrilegious on a Wheel Horse IMHO!

clintonnut

Just noticed that the hoods on BOTH RJs are for a 1955 RJ!

No embossed letters!

Charlie

wheelhorsec85

IMO a good call not criticizing. If green made his daughter happy, it's worth it's weight in gold. In any case, the paint is only skin deep and if the father/daughter keep the tractor out of the scrap heap, they're doing the WH community a service.

Be polite and perhsps some day they'll see the value of painting it the proper color. :)

i totally agree :thumbs: