Sign in to follow this  
racinfool40

953 ?????

racinfool40

Just found a 953 great shape except rear end is in pieces. Has a kohler with a foil sticker saying 9.5hp looks like all parts are their. mower deck looks almost new. talked to owners grand son and he's 21 and he said it's been sitting there as long as he can remember.It's mine if i want it. going next sat. to pick-up cleaning out barn and has to move alot to get to it. And I mean alot!! so I will be looking for a rear end for it any help would be greatly appreciated.And did wh fill the rear tire's the tire's weigh a ton....MIKE

Pollack Pete

I've got two 953's.One runs.One doesn't........yet.No extra parts here.When you have that rear end out,take the gas tank out and check out/flush out.The only way to get the tank out is by removing the rear end.The rear fenders do not come off.I was told it's one of Wheel Horse engineers booboo's.Good luck with your new tractor.Any attachments with it??

Duff

Mike, a PO probably loaded the wheels - a lot of people did (do).

Looking forward to pictures when you can get at it!

~Duff :)

racinfool40

Thanks for the gas tank info as for attachments don't know yet The grandson inherited the property which is located in town drove by it about everyday and didn't relize their was a barn behind it.Just a coincedence I drove by and he had an old rear engine snapper sittin in the yard for sale and stopped. then showed me the barn :wh: stuff everywere so going back saturday to do some more digging and a trailer :USA: who knows what i'll come out with :) will keep posted!!