Sign in to follow this  
wh79d160

D200

wh79d160

I recently bought a D200. Decided to check the hydro fluid. Barely shows a little on the end of the dipstick. Stuck a rod farther down & pulled it back out. It appears to have universal tractor fluid in it :) . It appears clear, but has a brownish tint to it on the paper towel. It looks & smells just like the stuff I put in my cub cadet. I don't want it in there. Should I drain it,leave the old filter on, fill it w/10w30 run it & drain it again & then change the filter when I add the second batch of new oil? Any other ideas?? :USA: :wh:

wh79d160

Got an e-mail back from the PPO (previous previous owner) he's pretty sure he used universal hydro fluid from TSC. It's a 20wt oil & I know it's supposed to have 10w30 in it Is it that big of a deal?? I'm not a hydraulic expert ,obviously, but is there something in the sundstrand system that would specificly require a thicker oil? 65 views & no ideas??? Your 2 cents would be greatly appreciated. P.S. the loader has the same stuff in it. Thanks in advance :) :USA:

jtmoyer

the loader will be fine with either, don't know about the tractor