Sign in to follow this  
Pollack Pete

Another Horse in The Stable

Pollack Pete

Another stray horse jumped into my pick-up and came home with me yesterday.It's a 1968 Charger 10.At least that's what's on the decal.Upon checking the model number,I guess it's really a Charger 9 ??It came with a 42 inch side discharge mower and a 42 inch snow plow that looks like it was hardly used.I'm real lucky........the squaw doesn't gripe about my hobby at all.She even goes on the road trips with me to buy tractors.I'm gonna hang on to her.......

P9110358.jpg

P9110359.jpg

P9110361.jpg

Duff

I'm gonna hang on to her.......

The tractor or the wife? :)

Looks like a nice addition to your herd!

Duff :USA:

C-Series14

What is that on the roof of the dog house? :)

Retired Wrencher

:USA: :wh::) Pete Nice addition that looks great Just as it is. could be a great worker or a redo eater way enjoy it. Gary B....

dgoyette

Nice horse - interesting rear hitch set up too.

JimD

As stated, it' a beauty, like it is or a candidate for a resto. A keeper. :)

Raider

The Tec HH100 is a 10hp engine but Wheelhorse referred to the Tec powered models in 1968 as 9s to differentiate them from the Kohler 10hp models. My 1968 Raider is a "9". There are other years (1969?) that offered only a 10hp Tec and no Kohler 10hp and those were designated as 10s just to confuse us :) The decals get even more confusing, some of them had no number at all until another decal with the number was applied in the space.

Have a close look at your front tires, if they are the originals they might have the Wheelhorse brand molded right into them.

Nice machine there, it looks almost too good to restore from here, but I prefer good original over restored personally.