Sign in to follow this  
fender62p

418C Hydro Line replacement

fender62p

Hi,

I'm have a 418C tractor, model 41-18KE01. It has a hydraulic line which runs from the filter to the front of the pump (#109377). The leak is at the "filter" end and is accessible behind the rear tire. The other end of the line (pump) is inside the "hoodrest" box - If you're sitting on the tractor, it's straight down between you legs. I spent several hours taking pieces off the tractor to get access to the "pump" end of the line, but to no avail.

Is there an easy way to get to "pump" end of the line to take it off?

Can i "splice" or "mend" the "filter" end of the line since the "pump" end appears to be fine?

And, Yes, i'm a newbie - Am I over my head, and should i take it to a pro?

Thanks much,

ted

TT

:USA:

Location? :) (someone on here might be close enough to help - or do it for you)

fender62p

I"m in Central PA, about 25 miles west of Harrisburg (Carlisle/Newville area - 17241)

fender62p

Hi again - Are there any sites which step you through dis-assembling the tractor to get to certain parts? Thanks.

Duff

Not really (others, please correct me if I'm wrong....). Most of us just go at it by intuition and, in time, experience. IPL's are handy to show how things go together. If there is a specific area or part you are trying to get to, post a question here and I'm sure someone will try to walk you through it. When I tore down my first 312-8 it was mostly by trial and error and the grace of God. When I got after the second one it was much easier, and as I prepare to rebuild #3 I've got notes and pictures, along with some memory, feeble though it may be at my age. If you can lay hands on one, a Shop Manual for your model is an invaluable aid!

Best of luck!

Duff :)