Sign in to follow this  
littleredrider

lawn ranger snow blower

littleredrider

I recently purchased a 6-2211 snow blower for my ranger. Almost all the parts are the same for the ranger except a few. The mounting is different, not a big deal, idler pulley, wheels, are all small stuff that I can figure out. But I'm looking for the lift link, I thought I could use the one off a snow plow, but they are different. Part number is 5370 in the snow blower interchange.

Does anyone have the lift link that I could take some measurements?? I'm real close to getting the 13 horse in and have it fit under the hood, then need to get the blower on before too long. Snow will be here before yah know it!!!! :)

Lane Ranger

Littleredrider:

I just took a some pictures for you of the lift attachment piece that attaches to the lift flage and the lift handle on the Lawn Ranger for use using your snowthrower.

You will love messing with that snowthrower this winter! I had a lot of fun with it last year.

I have a 1967 Wheel Horse Lawn Ranger with a ST-324 and used this last winter about 10 or 12 times and it surprised me how well it worked.

It you check out my photo bucket photo albums you will find some more ST-324 photos and I have some videos using it last winter posted on you tube.

My Photo bucket albums link:

http://s728.photobucket.com/home/LaneRanger104/allalbums

You Tube Viedo link (one of them there are several on the site):

Here is a photo attched to the flag after removal from the tractor last year:

100_8908.jpg

100_8911.jpg

100_8910.jpg

100_8909.jpg

I believe this is the piece you are looking for although I do not have a manual with that part number you mentioned.

The width is 1 and 1/2 inches and 4 and 3/4 inches long. About 1/4 thick steel with two offset 3/8 holes as shown.

100_7430-1.jpg

I hope this helps you.

pfrederi

Some, I hope, helpful Ranger snow blower pictures. You will have to make the wire belt guides, the one from the mower deck will not work. The 13 hp will make it really usable. I found her willing, but not really able to deal with appreciable snow. The first pass when you have to take a full swath is to much for her as she can't go slow enough. She is back to plow duty and hauling coal...tasks at which she excels.

68076e97410815.jpg

a45b0a97410817.jpg

8d37d697410819.jpg

f7272997410833.jpg

littleredrider

Hmm, that's all that it is?? Can make that easy enough. I cut out a piece of 3/16 using a cutoff wheel and a grinder to make a motor plate so I can mount the 13 horse, so making this ought to be a snap.

Just need to make the mount and the idler pulley, and modify the control guide to match the mount.

When I get done with the 13 horse install, I'll snap some pics. These are great pics, will help a lot!!!!

dgoyette

any chance some one can post the length of the lift tube?

Thanks a lot,

W9JAB

Home brew flag.

tractorflag003.jpg

Lane Ranger

Lift tube without flag for the Lawn Ranger ST-324 snowthrower:

Measurements:

Overall Length: 38 1/2 inches

100_9187.jpg

Spline piece attached to tube to strenghten tube with five or six welds: 28 inches long

100_9181.jpg

100_9190.jpg

Hole on angled end for attaching to the welded rod on center of snowthrower:

1/2 inch hole Angled piece on tube is about two inches long

100_9188.jpg

Lane Ranger

More ST-324 photos:

Flag with lift handle attachment piece:

100_8908.jpg

100_8909.jpg

100_8910.jpg

100_8911.jpg

The width is 1 and 1/2 inches and 4 and 3/4 inches long. About 1/4 thick steel with two offset 3/8 holes as shown.

As mentioned above (not sure what happended to the photos-so I am reposting them)

dgoyette

Many thanks for the measurements Lane. Appreciate it!