B-8074

She Doesn't Know

wheel-mule

My wife has no idea how many tractors I have.Heck I'm not sure I do.She used to complain about them till a friend of hers said she wished tractors were all her husband chased after. I have a real good pair of plastic rear fenders I'd sell you.Email me if interested.

Chuck

Wabash .IN.

Save Old Iron

i just walk up to her and say

1. "honey, i'm going to buy another tractor"

2. duck and cover!

boovuc

I don't have any problems with getting tractors home. Oh. I didn't mention that I've been married twice and I have no spine, gonads or money left to speak of but I have no problems bringing tractors home! :USA:

I love the C-175! Yours looks very restorable. I hope the tranny is tight and be careful mowing on inclines with that KT under the hood. I wouldn't sell my C-175 for anything. Well.....maybe a restorable 520H. :)

Boovuc

Mill Hall, PA

• Like 2

B-8074

It runs andrives well. The tranny is real touchy though, and doesn't want to stay at full speed. As soon as I let go of the lever it slows down. I'm thinking it just needs little adjustment. I did notice that the cooling fan is broke. I'll stop at the local dealer and get one.

By the way, has anyone ever put a regular steel fender pan on one? Just until I get a replacement.

Jim_M

My wife asked me once a few years ago how many tractors I thought I really needed when I only use 4 or 5 of them, and suggested that "we" get rid of some of the extras.

I asked her how many pairs of shoes she really needed when she only wears 4 or 5 of them, and suggested "we" get rid of some of the extras.

I haven't heard a word about those tractors since that day.

kpinnc

It runs andrives well. The tranny is real touchy though, and doesn't want to stay at full speed. As soon as I let go of the lever it slows down. I'm thinking it just needs little adjustment. I did notice that the cooling fan is broke. I'll stop at the local dealer and get one.

By the way, has anyone ever put a regular steel fender pan on one? Just until I get a replacement.

There is a nut under the seat on the cam/ friction plate where you can tighten it and increase the friction on the DCL. That should take care of keeping the tractor at full speed.

And yes- many folks have used the 300/400/500 series fenders as replacements. they fit perfectly and actually look pretty nice on the "black hood" tractors.

Good luck!

mavfreak

it looks great. i love my c161. I really don't know much about the hydro's. I would think the metal one would work

Operator

Geez you guys...you are making me ashamed of my gender. Maybe we oughta take a trip to Mamby-Pamby land and get you guys some self confidence. Here...want a tissue? :) Just tell her to get her shoes off and get back in the kitchen. :wh:

Worked for me...now I can sleep with my horses. :):):omg:

Steve lets have your wife chime in here on this idea :USA: .

I have learned to not let the Horses "Herd up".

Randy

Redbird

Steve--that's funny stuff, concidering I met Chris in June :wh:

Looked like she was having a gr8 time and glad you'd won the raffle tractor, too.

At lest things are equal here. David buys his and I buy mine. I managed to get 3 within 1 month. His only gripe was that it had taken him a long time to get what he had, and I'd built mine from 1 to 5 in a month's time :)

I'd rather see him buying tractors than drinking and partying it away :)

Birdie :USA:

PS I love the pic you took of me with your coffee mug, leaning on my tractor--thank you hon :)

Suburban 550

My wife never minds me getting more tractors- as we have an agreement...

She likes all her animals (dogs, cats, etc..), and I like my tractors. The rule is she gets a new critter every time I get a tractor. Naturally, this is a deterrent for me on bringing every red tractor I find back home. Same goes for her!

She picked up a kitten a few weeks back, and I got another tractor. Easy enough! :USA:

Kevin, looks like my wife owes me another tractor if the same rules apply as in your house. :) She took this little critter in and the only thing I got out of it is another mouth to feed. :wh:

IMG_0417.jpg

sorekiwi

I bet there's a few pairs of my wifes shoes in the closet that cost more than some of my tractors.

Hell, I know she's had haircuts that cost more than some of my tractors!!

bowtieguy

No problem here with tractors....cause I'm the BOSS in my family.......and my wife gave me permission to say so!!! :):):USA: :wh:

Horse'n Around

My wife never minds me getting more tractors- as we have an agreement...

She likes all her animals (dogs, cats, etc..), and I like my tractors. The rule is she gets a new critter every time I get a tractor. Naturally, this is a deterrent for me on bringing every red tractor I find back home. Same goes for her!

She picked up a kitten a few weeks back, and I got another tractor. Easy enough!

sorekiwi

Now when I can get some more WH's I will be even more relaxed :)

I'm not sure it always works that way John.

A few years ago I got really, really stressed when my mowing tractor died, I was pi$$ed to discover that I had about 8 tractors and nothing that could cut the grass!

HorseLuvinLady

:) This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time. You guys can sure get creative when you need to.

I'm not real crazy about spiders and snakes either, but realized that they aren't going anywhere, so I learned to enjoy them. I've even named some of the larger Wolfies' in my barn, and try not to disturb their webs, lol

B-8074

Well she hasn't noticed. I guess that best place to hide something is in plain sight. :)

whfan74

I would tend to agree that this has turned in to a real humorous thread. Fact of the matter is we all have fun enjoying what we have. If it is 1 or 100 there is always a story and they keep us from doing things that might be looked down upon.

The stories are funny and endless.......

My wife has given up on me with my hobby. Usually when we pull in the driveway and there is a box sitting by the front door all I hear is "Hey you have some tractor parts by the door" Needless to say some of those boxes are things for her!

HorseLuvinLady

Finally got my pics to down load. Ok, here it is. It's gonna need a good hit with the pressure washer and tuned up. The only thing that needs replaced is the fiberglass fenders. What ya'll think?

4977934246_044c9999a7_b.jpg

4977934498_a272213d34_b.jpg

4977325303_77250c8c2a_b.jpg4977934982_d5e8a03a38_b.jpg4977935232_af438c30d8_b.jpg

I didn't know it was possible to get replacement fenders. Where does one find them, and is it possible to get metal ones that would fit a "C"? Mine are fine except for a crack on the left side, and I was going to try to fix it with duct tape and paint, if I can get a close enough match.

Forest Road

I bought my first WH in May this year. Then a second one the following week. My wife thought she was seeing double. It took her a couple days to put it together. Then the snowblower and plow showed up within a few weeks. She says WTF? I told her I need one to plow and the other to blow. Long story short = she doesn't get why I need two. And I don't care!

Now I'm trying to find the money for a 314-H w/ about 150hrs, 42 deck, and a tall shoot single stage blower. I think the guy waxes it too.

SAM58

Found a C-175 that I'm going to go look at today. She "the wife" has no idea :wh: that I'm am. Let you no what happens later. If I get it I might hide it at the neighbors. :):omg: Details and pics to follow later. Wish me luck :)

:) Great Find,

I think I know where you found it, about midway between Washington, Pa and Pittsburg, Pa. :) Amity. Pa.? or something like that.

There is not much to choose from in Eastern Kentucky, have to go North to find.

Looks just like the one I was going to pick up the 26th of the month when I had to go that way on business, notice the other day it was no longer listed and called the guy "Jeff" He lead me to believe he would hold it for me. Sure.

sorry Man sold it... :USA:

C-175, blade, chains, and weights. $450.00 craigswist

He's add said it had a 18 hp Kohler... Ha! if it is, wouldn't it have a newer replacment engine?

Congradulations, if this is the one, I will find another! :)

I am Happy for you !! :P

Hey, If I was to tell your wife, you think she would make you resell it??? :omg:

B-8074

:) You are correct, that is the one. You win a gold star :wh: As for telling my wife , you can but I will deny everything :) :USA:

SAM58

Hey,

I glad you got it, Another WheelHorse salvaged from the scrap heap. The guy you bought it from didn't know what he had. I see that you have a 12 Hydro so the hydrostatic tranny won't be a problem if it need repair. I have always had the 8 speeds, and I was a little nervous about that.

I am sure they can run into a big expense if they go down....

Post some pictures when you get it into shape.

:)

I was really after the blade, chains, and weights, if you would part with them send me a PM.

If you know of anyone who has a Mechanically sound WH or attachments for sale in your area let me know.

thanks

Duff

I didn't know it was possible to get replacement fenders. Where does one find them, and is it possible to get metal ones that would fit a "C"?

Try this in our "Cassifieds" section:

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?showtopic=21313

This appears to a composite or glass replacement for a 195, but someone here will know if the two models are interchangeable!

Duff :)

HankB

This subject has gone from an academic curiosity to a personal issue. Yesterday morning I was absolutely certain that a 314-H, A-80-E and Raider 12 were way more than enough tractors for me. Last night someone not too far away listed a 312-8 for sale for $150. It needed a battery.

Today I need to decide how to present this information to SWMBO. I'm thinking it looks enough like my 314-H that if she only ever sees one at a time, she might not recognize it as something different. And I'm going to hope that she doesn't head to furthest back part of the yard. :USA: If I can keep it under her radar for several months, I can always play the "I've had that a long time" strategy. :)

SAM58

Looks like you are going to need a mule drive & deck belt as well... :USA:

Just noticed.. :)