Sign in to follow this  
Kevin Lipscomb

Need parts, but making sleeve hitch work....

Kevin Lipscomb

Sorry I have put this in the wrong section....I posted it in the wanted section....I am new to posting......but your site is great....I will learn...Thanks.

I am trying to install my sleeve hitch. The conduit tube and clevis that I have is for a 8speed trans. I don't know if I have to the right sleeve hitch assy or not. Bought it off of ebay, seller said it was what I needed... I have it working with the parts I have but would like to get the right parts for it. I don't know the part number of the sleeve I have, but did make it work on my 520H. Need a conduit tube and a long clevis for a Mod# 73501 1994 520h sleeve hitch. Thanks. Live in Central MO.

Forest Road

I just put one on a 312-8. To my knowledge the only difference is the tube. THe hydro's use an "S" bent tube. Gear drives have a relatively straight tube. And yoiu might need the longer clevis as well.

Good luck

Kevin Lipscomb

I modified the tube and made a extinction to the short clevis I had. It works, but want to have the right parts for it. A member had the parts and they are on the way.

rickv1957

1320,where are you located in mid Mo,Rick

Kevin Lipscomb

Yes, I live in Mexico, MO.

dcrage

1320 -- This is off topic but has to do with your home territory

Rick -- Good to see you posting again

Question about Mexico, MO and WH -- Seems to be quite a bit of Wheel Horse activity out of Mexico on CL -- Is that an individual(s) who is(are) into Wheel Horses and or garden tractors -- Or was Mexico a WH hotbed back during WH time?? (i.e. lots of people own WH in the area)

Kevin Lipscomb

No, there was not any WH Dealers here in town that I can remember. We have to keep a lookout and travel to get them when we can. Just local guys that like WH. There are guys that live close to Mexico too. Some in Columbia and Laddonia also. I know one that loves to refab old WH. He just acquired 3 WH 250's [?]. These are the ones made over seas with the 4cyl Renaut engines. There are allot of guys that like the Case garden tractors too, but we had a Case dealer here in town.

dcrage

Thanks 1320 for the reply -- I see the Laddonia CL listings for WH all the time -- And then there have been several nice late model (300/400/500) WH listed from Mexico -- There was what looked like a pretty good 520-H just last week

Another question -- What is the deal with that land scaping place on 70 just east of Columbia that lists 1000s of WH parts on Ebay -- Did they buy out some old dealers or are they just WH lovers also?

Oh yeah -- Those would be D-250s that your acquaintence purchased -- I've never seen one in person, but I can tell from the online videos and other people comments that they are beasts -- Rick (rickv1957) who replied to you earlier in this string lives over by Stover and has (or had, he had to get rid of some of his tractors) a whole bunch of the D series tractors -- And his are in real good shape

Kevin Lipscomb

Thanks....