Sign in to follow this  
dodgepoorboy

wheel horse d180

dodgepoorboy

hi all i need advice my d180 goes in forward and reverse when u first start it but when it warms up or under pressure like going up hill or grading with bucket it starts wineing fliter is new fluid is new my question is do u think it the pump on the rearend what does that do ? it does not look like the fluid is circulating the pump on the motor seems to be ok cause i can still lift the rear 3 point hitch and it does not wine when i do that it only wines when in foward or reverse please help !!!!! dont want to buy wrong thing thanks

stevebo

I would check the pressure coming off the pump (behind the motor) first to see how much psi it is pushing once it is hot. Sounds to me like you may have a pump issue since it seems fine when cold. If it did it all the time I would say your splines may be an issue. Others will be able to chime in further. Good luck-

tgranthamfd

Is it a Wheel Horse filter?

dodgepoorboy

no it is not a wheel horse filter it ! to me it is not circulating it has a fram filter it always did and always did good i sold this tractor to a buddy of mine and he ran the rear end out of fluid it was leaking and he never fixed it so he filled it up and where it was leaking it isnt anymore and the fluid still looks brand knew what do the motor on the side of the rear end that hooks to the hydrulic lines do ?

stevebo

That motor on the tranny is what the hydro pump sends the pressure to and that is what makes the gears in the rear turn. I have not seen the motor become an issue, rather than the pump.

pfrederi

That motor on the tranny is what the hydro pump sends the pressure to and that is what makes the gears in the rear turn. I have not seen the motor become an issue, rather than the pump.

From painful $$$ experience I can tell you that the hydro motor can be the problem. If your 3 pt will lift a heavy load when it is hot I would suspect the hydro motor.