Sign in to follow this  
abrown0920

IH Cub cadet - Original

abrown0920

My side business is aucitoneering and I have a sale on September 18th. When the owner opened his shed door I just about fell over. There is nothing super special or unique about this 1st year cub but It is in nice condition for it's age. If I bought it I would not restore it, as it is in too nice of condition in my opinion. The seller is a retired machinest and he rebuilt the engine a few years ago. It mows and drives great. I am curious as to it's value as I am not a Cub guy but i am guess anywhere from $350 to $600. Guesses anyone?

cub.jpg

I am not posting this to try to sell it as it will sell at the auciton and not before. but if you are interested please email me for information on the auciton.

Indy w h

Where is this auction located??

Indy

abrown0920

just outside of Lafayette, IN

www.ajbauctions.com has all the information

Kelly

It is nice, I'd say closer to the $350 mark, as it does not have fenders, lights, creaper gear, rear lift, ect.... just a plain but nice older tractor, the serial no. stamped in the trans case right side, if you check on a cub site will tell you the day month and year built, the orig. was I believe 61 and 62, not sure if 63 was or not still called the orig. or was the first year for the 100 and 70.

Indy w h

just outside of Lafayette, IN

www.ajbauctions.com has all the information

Thanks!!!! That's in my backyard

Indy

perry

i miss my cub original. i sold it in 2001 for $400. it was in great shape and had snow blade, mower deck , and manuals with it. i even delivered it. the guy had a restored farmall cub and was planning on restoring my cub original. so it went to a good home :) .

pond195520032003

yes Kelly, they were built from 61-63!! my brother sold his with a danco loader and rear lift for $1200 :)

T-Mo

Here are some Cub sites:

http://www.ihcubcadet.com/cgi-bin/discus/discus.pl

http://www.onlycubcadets.net/forum/index.php

http://www.cubcadetcollectors.com/forum/

http://cubcadet.1.forumer.com/index.php?act=idx

The Original is so called because it was IH's first garden tractor. They were built from 1961 to early 1963, when the 70 and 100 replaced it. The CCO (Cub Cadet Original) really had no name or number, it was just Cub Cadet. The Original was the name collectors used for it. It had a 7 hp K-161 Kohler and had a small belt coming down from the engine to the drive shaft. For the 70 and 100, IH flipped the frame upside down to lower the engine so it was inline with the transmission, thus eliminating the belt.

I'm not a big fan of the Original, but there is a market for them. Go to those sites above and try to gauge what prices are.

grnlark

My side business is aucitoneering and I have a sale on September 18th. When the owner opened his shed door I just about fell over. There is nothing super special or unique about this 1st year cub but It is in nice condition for it's age. If I bought it I would not restore it, as it is in too nice of condition in my opinion. The seller is a retired machinest and he rebuilt the engine a few years ago. It mows and drives great. I am curious as to it's value as I am not a Cub guy but i am guess anywhere from $350 to $600. Guesses anyone?

I am not posting this to try to sell it as it will sell at the auciton and not before. but if you are interested please email me for information on the auciton.

Do you guys take online bids for stuff and or ship items? I see the older Briggs motor in the auction photos. Just wondering if you'd get involved in shipping something like that if I were interested?