fendt55fan22

Greetings Farm Fans

My hobby is collecting pics of customised tractor

I know this may be a little peculiar, but can anybody assist

Here are a number of examples of a few I have already collected

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tractor_pictures/4950322275/

PM me if you can benefit

Roger from southern Iowa

WOW!!! That tractor is nice.........and spray can paint :)

meadowfield

Hi Mark, I looked for a match using a buffed up painted part that had not been exposed to direct sunlight. I found Ford Raidiant Red to be just a tad lighter, knowing that the colour red is notorious for fading, and so would reflect the age of the Tractor. all main panels were grit blasted, powder coated black, blended, red primered, painted and clear coated with loads of prep in between. Wheel Colour is Ford Diamond white. Pics don't do justice, but shines like glass. And I'm going to work it, not wrap it in cotton wool. Thanks all again for the welcome.

P.s ....I used Spray Cans !.

thanks for the reply - will have a look and see if I can get some mixed!

not sure if I have the patience to sandblast, powder coat, primer, paint and clearcoat!

not surprised it is as shiny...

mark

bustedglass

WOW :) . Beautiful restore job. Thanks for the pics :USA: .

meadowfield

:) all for the welcome. I do have some finishing jobs to do, primarily some decals and clear coating .....

Hi,

where did you get the decals from? did you ship from the states?

Also what about the kohler decals - mine are fine, but doubt they will survive the welding and sanding of the flywheel cover (it has cracked and split where the coil attaches).

thanks again

mark

stevasaurus

WOW Very Impressive. :)

Anglo Traction

Thanks Steve, here's some better quality images

DSC00348.jpg

DSC00349.jpg

May be starting on a couple more soon and some attachments.

Mark - Decals are Ed Mayhews, got them off Ebay uk, but 'Long Stored' since 2003. The Hood decals had shrunk and buckled the Mylar top layer, so unusable. The one you see is coming off when Mr Mayhew (US) can sort my order. You have to be patient with him. I enquired back in March and had a reply end of July, but the quality is Top Drawer and the rest of the are ok. Shift pattern decal is original as are PTO, Air Filter and Starter. Having trouble finding part nbrs for these 2 though !.

kohlerlabels.jpg

Regards

Retired Wrencher

:) :wh::):):USA: Hi Richard very nice story. I hope u enjoy this site and you new hobby. Gary B.

MrEricT

Wow that thing is absolutely amazing. Fantastic job!

Stigian

That's a stunning rattle can paint job Richard :)

Anglo Traction

Hi Ian, Thanks,... good to hear from another 'Eastern Atlantic Island Resident'.

Excellent Vids by the way.

meadowfield

Mark - Decals are Ed Mayhews, got them off Ebay uk, but 'Long Stored' since 2003. The Hood decals had shrunk and buckled the Mylar top layer, so unusable. The one you see is coming off when Mr Mayhew (US) can sort my order. You have to be patient with him. I enquired back in March and had a reply end of July, but the quality is Top Drawer and the rest of the are ok. Shift pattern decal is original as are PTO, Air Filter and Starter. Having trouble finding part nbrs for these 2 though !.

Richard,

Is Mr Mayhew, the same as redo your horse? I sent a mail a few weeks ago, but have not heard anything yet - maybe I need to be patient??

re: other decals - I am in the process of repro decals for the kohler ones as we now have 3 wheelhorses in the family!!

thanks

Anglo Traction

Hi Mark, I believe 'Redoyourhorse' is this address - oneida_sign@winco.net ......and Vinylguy52 on this forum is the Main Man.

Have a look at the top of the Decals, Paint and Restoration Forum here at R.S.

Mr Ed Mayhew is another producer (Authorised by Toro) of Decals. I used this address to contact him.-- carsnthrds@aol.com .........I'm still waiting though !. I'll have probably finished the next project before I hear anything, then I'll need some more !. I may have to look elsewhere soon.

Regards

landsurveyor

Hi Richard,

Try www.machinerydecals.co.uk , He was advertising various sets on Uk ebay a few months back. I think they wanted

meadowfield

Hi Mark, I believe 'Redoyourhorse' is this address - oneida_sign@winco.net ......and Vinylguy52 on this forum is the Main Man.

...., then I'll need some more !. I may have to look elsewhere soon.

Regards

Hi,

I never got a reply from either, so I have done my own decals.

The order is placed, hopefully I'll post my copies of the decals in the next week.

If you are still looking for particular ones I may have spares.

mark

Anglo Traction
Hi Mark, I believe 'Redoyourhorse' is this address -

Duff

Guys, Vinylguy52 is Terry Dennis, aka Redoyourhorse.com. The link is:

http://www.redoyourhorse.com/servlet/StoreFront

I've never dealt with Ed Mayhew so I won't comment one way or the other, but I can tell you from hands-on experience that Terry's decals are of exceptional quality! I also recall from watching his posts over the past year or two that :D decals, although an important product that he offers, are a sideline to his main business (which, not suprisingly, is also graphics). I'm going to go out on a limb here, but my guess is with the Holiday's right around the corner Terry is up to his eyeballs in work and simply hasn't had the time to reply to you. If you can wait until he gets caught up, the quality of his decals is something you'll be very proud to have on your 'Horse. :ychain:

Duff :D

Anglo Traction

Hey Duff, Fully understand the possible circumstances. I have not made enquiries or placed an order yet . I shall , when my megre finances replenish and reach a point when I'm near ready for them.

From here in UK, there is a fine line about whether the high Shipping/Import Costs and further Post charges when they get here are viable. I believe they are...for a good product and their availability. If we don't like it , we have a choice.

However, I also accept there is a limit of time and cost for some, and that limit may be reached sooner when there is no news ?.

For me , I'm a very patient person, and I'm hoping that when I do order, my patience will be rewarded, worth the wait and the Horses look even better.

Thanks , Regards

meadowfield
Hi Mark, I believe 'Redoyourhorse' is this address -

Anglo Traction

I sent you a PM with samples of the foil engine decals before xmas. Not sure if you got it, but we are very pleased with the results. (hard to take pics of foil)

Hi Mark. PM sent.

rickv1957

Super Nice tractor!!!!

Vinylguy

Richard

Absolutely Splendid tractor.

I notice it does not have the rear fender WHEEL HORSE decal.

I will throw an extra in the box with your order.

I do not know if it will match exactly the dark gray of your current decals though.

The process I use is a 4 color digital print with solvent inks.

I had to experiment quite a bit to find a formula that would allow me a smooth rich gray

that is fairly close to the original screened ink of that vintage.

I am sorry if I failed to respond to your inquiries in the past.

I find it works best if members contact me through personal message

rather than email as I am making an attempt to check the forum

much more often and I get a huge amount of email everyday and it is easy

to overlook or miss a few all together.

Looking forward to seeing your next projects

Anglo Traction

ThankyouRichard

Absolutely Splendid tractor.

I notice it does not have the rear fender WHEEL HORSE decal.

I will throw an extra in the box with your order.

I do not know if it will match exactly the dark gray of your current decals though.

The process I use is a 4 color digital print with solvent inks.

I had to experiment quite a bit to find a formula that would allow me a smooth rich gray

that is fairly close to the original screened ink of that vintage.

I am sorry if I failed to respond to your inquiries in the past.

I find it works best if members contact me through personal message

rather than email as I am making an attempt to check the forum

much more often and I get a huge amount of email everyday and it is easy

to overlook or miss a few all together.

Looking forward to seeing your next projects

Terry, a:- Thankyou for the compliment and the Decal.

b:- I have every confidence in the quality and colour match of your product. I have the opinions of hundreds of fellow members here to endorse that for me.

c:- You have no need to apologise, I patiently understand...and thanks for providing a Worldwide service.

Ken B

Very nice! :ychain: