Sign in to follow this  
zieg72

1996 269H no start

zieg72

Any wiring experts out for a no-start condition please chime in... I cleaned my 269H real good before I put it away last time, all air-no water to get all the old grass and junk out of the tractor. I put it away and after several weeks go by no -crank. I have had the seat switch bypassed so that was the first thing I checked, still a good connection. Next I checked every fuse, all ok. When I try the key switch one or more of the 4 relays click but I am not getting power to the solenoid. I can hear the micro-switch on the neutral/brake working/clicking. The PTO pull switch is what I am wondering about. Anyone know how to check the switch on that??? Thanks in advance for any help rendered. On the plus side I got the 520H out, pulled the winter cab and mounted the 48" deck under it, cut like a champ....

zieg72

Anyone??? Toro master parts viewer doesn't list a wiring diagram...

DOC in Kentucky

Zeig,

I had the same problem on a 267H this spring. Mine was the PTO switch. Good thing about it is that you can change the plug over to the other spades on the back of the switch and it works. Check out the back of your PTO switch and see if has other spades/contacts you can use. If it doesn't I would make a jumper to try and bypass the switch before you go buy a new one as they are real pricey!!!

Doc

gwest_ca

The detailed wiring diagrams for the 1996 269-H are posted in the Files of

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals3_4/

Noticed some of these models power the pto clutch whenever the ignition is on. The pto switch provides the ground to turn it on and in the pto OFF position the same 1/2 of the switch provides a ground for the starter solenoid.

Garry

zieg72

Zeig,

I had the same problem on a 267H this spring. Mine was the PTO switch. Good thing about it is that you can change the plug over to the other spades on the back of the switch and it works. Check out the back of your PTO switch and see if has other spades/contacts you can use. If it doesn't I would make a jumper to try and bypass the switch before you go buy a new one as they are real pricey!!!

Doc

Thanks so much Doc, it has be been slow to activate when I pull it before the clutch kicks in sorta like a delay. I will start there first.

zieg72

The detailed wiring diagrams for the 1996 269-H are posted in the Files of

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/wheelhorsetractormanuals3_4/

Noticed some of these models power the pto clutch whenever the ignition is on. The pto switch provides the ground to turn it on and in the pto OFF position the same 1/2 of the switch provides a ground for the starter solenoid.

Garry

Awesome, thanks for the link to that group. I am printing out the 8 pages as I type.

zieg72

Pulled the PTO switch and checked it with an ohm-meter and it appears to be toast. New ones are under $30 so I will pick one up. Thanks for all the help guys. I will report back if the new switch was the problem.

zieg72

Pulled the PTO switch and checked it with an ohm-meter and it appears to be toast. New ones are under $30 so I will pick one up. Thanks for all the help guys. I will report back if the new switch was the problem.

$32.10 with tax the new switch did the trick. Back in business...