Sign in to follow this  
jeff

d series wheel horse

jeff

Hi I just bought a wheel horse with a loader plow attachment and three point hitch. I also have so many extra parts with this unit. I not looking to sell just wondering what model i have. it looks like a d200 or a 180 but im not sure. it apears to have a onan engine. the carb is very square. does a kohler engine look like an onan ? please let me know thanks Jeff

Im very confused because it looks nothing like the d160 . lookes exactly like the 180 or d200.

whfan74

:)

Jeff glad you found us. With the information you gave it is very difficult to tell without a picture.

Does it have a tall gas tank behind the seat or a shorter one?

Can you post pictures using photobucket by any chance? Can you find the tag with the serial/model numbers.

Would love to help you out, but could use a little more info.

jeff

not sure about the gas tank . I put a deposit on this tractor yesturday and have to pick it up this tuesday. I will send pics as soon as i can. i did notice on this web site that the older 160 look like a 180 or 200 is that true? I bought it with a few problems. the carb leaks around the side of the carb and the steering is loose. I looked under the unit it seems to be the steering box needs to be tightened . not sure. all the hydrolics are dry. it came with a loader , a plow blade and three point hitch with alll sorts of extras hope i diddnt pay too much. got it for 2000.

Kelly

I think you probably did ok at that price.

The D-160, D-180 and D-200 all look the same with differnt engines, don't forget the 1973 no name tractors, 18 auto (same as a D) the D-160 came with a twin or a single, they used diff. gas tanks on newer models, and the D-200 came standard with the 3 point and turning brakes, I don't think the D-160 ever had turning brakes?

the onan powered units are D160 twins, the other ones are Kohler powered, I think and could be wrong the Kohler's have "Kohler" stamped in the cooling tin over the flywheel, the Kohler's also have a carb shaped alot like a single cyl. engine, the onans are more square and bolt to the intake from the bottom, sounds like you might have a D-160.

the gear box will probably need rebuilt or replaced if real sloppy

pfrederi

If it has been used with a loader then the whole steering system is probably worn. In addition to the steering gear, tie rods, bell crank, and drag link will need a close look. Also if it didn't have the HD 1" spindles, they and the wheel bearings are probably suspect. And last but not least the front axle pivot pin will need to be checked. Sorry but loaders are hard on front ends....

jeff

Well Finally got my d160 home. It runs fantastic . As far as the steering problem I found that the steering box that mounts to that cheep bracket has come loose. I tightened it up but for some reason cames loose again. I have a feeling the threads in the box are worn from being loose all those years. as far as the front end I think it will be ok for now. I was very surprised at the strength of this small tractor. I, have threepoint hitch parts with lift cylinders but no idea how to assemble it to the tractor. Right now it has a weight basket mounted to the back of the tractor. I guess Im gonna buy a manual and figure this out. thanks for all your help. I may put it ont the green this fall in belchertown. It sounds like alot of fun.

Roger from southern Iowa

Now that you figured out which :wh: you have, :USA:

This is the right place for information. :)

wh79d160

:) :USA: :wh:

Duff

Jeff, are you in or near Belchertown, MA? If so, one of our members, Rideawaysenior, is close by you and is a wealth of info on these tractors!

Duff :)

VinsRJ

:) :USA: