Sign in to follow this  
mark89

deck swap

mark89

whats up i have a B-80 with a 36in deck that is shot. i picked up a 211-3 with a newer 36 in deck that mounts a little diffrent. I wanted to know if any one has done this it seem like it can be done. Any pics or help would be grate :)

TT

I don't have any pictures, but you have both decks - so you should be able to look at them and see the differences. I have no idea how much experience you have with this stuff or how mechanically inclined you are, so this could be anything from easy to impossible for you to pull off. :)

In most cases, all you have to do is cut some of the front mounting bracket of the lawn tractor deck, (above the front roller) mount the carriage and gauge wheel pieces from the garden tractor deck, and mount the belt tensioner from the garden tractor deck.

You'll also have to acquire a double pulley for the center spindle - unless the B-80 deck is a newer one and you can use it. (but I doubt it)

mark89

ok thanks i am pretty good at working on stuff lol. I was just wondering if it had ever been done. an if so if any one had pics thanks for the help so far

TT

About three years ago, I did the swap with a 1975 B-80 deck and (I think) a B-112 deck. Other than the center pulley, everything transferred over fine. I was more interested in getting a working deck on the tractor, so I never got pictures of the process.