Sign in to follow this  
jfdegnan

WH 877 Throttle & Governor Linkage Pics Needed

jfdegnan

Newbie here.

I am putting a K181 back on my WH877 after rebuild. I cannot remember how the throttle cable is routed or exactly how it is connected to governor. Can someone post a picture or two or point me to existing pics. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

Jim

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: if it does have a metal tank? the cable runs underneath a little slot and through shift plate for pto. should have some support in the middle around pto area if u are not fussy just use metal that has many holes in it that run in the middle this will be ur height adjustment. as for the governor shoot for the middle of the holes there should be lets say 4 holes on each just try the middle ones.and see how it runs. I hope this helps Gary B...... I may have some picks have to dig them out.

TT

This should help you out on the governor arm / cable hook up at the engine:

gov1.jpg

gov2.jpg

Not the best picture, but this shows part of the cable:

072508misc027.jpg

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: I did this with the 1075 I hope this helps Gary B..........M---lagerand1075007.jpg

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: I also did this with the 1257 notice the cable coming into the shifter plate for the pto.1257decals001-1.jpg and center brace. T/Care Gary B...........

TT

Notice that Jim's tractor is an 877. Totally different at the engine end of the cable.

jfdegnan

Thanks to all for their replys. Hope everyone had a nice Labor Day.

It looks like I have the wrong speed disc on the governor after the rebuild. Looks like the cable wants to come down over the exhaust and tie cable sheath (close to end) into the throttle bracket and connect cable in a small angle extension tab on the speed disc.

Next question, how difficult is it to swapped out the speed disc?? Is there any reason to keep the govenor gear meshed with the gear on the camshaft while I pull the speed disc and governor arm of the cross shaft?? What else should I be aware of doing the swap??

Thanks for all the help....its all new to me!

Jim