Sign in to follow this  
Butch

C-175 hydraulic control assembly

Butch

On the front side of the control valve there is a piece that looks like a hat that is held on to the valve assembly with two screws.

The manuals, or the ones I have, don't show the details inside that cap. I took it off for rebuild purposes and by the time the parts finally came I forgot how it went together and which parts go inside. Does anyone have a pic or sketch of what goes inside and in which order?

Thanks.

TT

This, maybe???? :)

cvalve.jpg

Butch

That looks pretty close to what I have. I'll see if it works. Thanks. What manual did that pic come from? I have several and nothing. Thanks again.

TT

It came from the :USA: section of one of my older 2" thick "covers all brands" manual.

Naturally, I can't think of the name of it, and of course it's out in the shop. :)

Butch

It went together that way! It doesn't feel smooth though. But I can't check it out until I have all the hydraulic lines on and I had to order a new tube that goes to the filter because I think I kinked it too much. Argh!!

Thanks.

rwilson

TT that wouldnt be a chilton manual would it? My dad has one and we call it the "BIBLE".

TT

Nope - not Chilton. Pretty sure it's not a Haynes or Clymer either, but I remember it was like $30 - about 20-25 years ago.

It was the only one I could find that had both Sundstrands hydros and Speedex tractors, so I snagged it. :)

I'll dig it out tomorrow after work.

Edit: OK - it just hit me. I'm pretty sure it's an Intertec manual.

stevebo

Butch,

I hope you did not mess with the adjusting screw... That will change the pressures on the valve and it could cause serious damage to the hydro system.

bitten

You can also look at the Wheel Horse Hydraulic Lift Valve & Cylinder Repair Manual Part Number 810242R3. Forget were I got it from but it was on the net somewhere.

Retired Wrencher

:) :USA::wh: how about my Wheel horse .com?? lot of stuff in there

Butch

Butch,

I hope you did not mess with the adjusting screw... That will change the pressures on the valve and it could cause serious damage to the hydro system.

Stevebo what is the adjusting screw? The screw inside that cap? If so I took it apart. That is the only screw I touched. When I decided to replace all 4 hoses I was gonna consider rebuilding the valve if it was rebuild-able. Then I decided against it. I just hope replacing all 4 hoses and rebuilding the cylinder took care of the leak. I never did see where the leak was coming from but one of the O-rings from the cylinders piston was no good. But the cylinder O-ring shouldn't be the leak I had.

Butch

Glad you caught this Stevebo. So do you know about adjusting them?

stevebo

Butch,

You may want TT to chime in here. I had the same issue on my 520 hydro valve leaking over the winter and Nylon/Coach gave me one he had that fit my machine. In my little experience with hydro flow you will need to put a hydro gauge on it and check it against the oem specs (maybe 700 psi??) You may have to bring it to a hydro shop and have them somehow preset it with a bench test??

I am sure that someone else will chime in?? I suggested TT since he gave me some good info on my post several months ago.

Butch

Steve is it the shoulder screw inside that cap that adjusts the pressure or another screw? In a service manual it mentions don't make any adjustments but I can't tell if they are referring to the shoulder screw or another screw. It does say Do Not Touch but to replace the O-ring you have to remove it. That's why I was wondering if it's the shoulder screw or maybe another screw on or in the valve. This sucks if it's the shoulder screw!!! Typical Butch luck!! Thanks for that heads up though!

Butch

You can also look at the Wheel Horse Hydraulic Lift Valve & Cylinder Repair Manual Part Number 810242R3. Forget were I got it from but it was on the net somewhere.

Thanks Bitten. I did a Google search and that manual came up!!

Butch

When you look at the manual it looks like the pressure is set by the implement screw and not the shoulder screw. What do you think? I gotta be sure about this!! These hydraulics can be a real pain I see!! Maybe my next tractor will be an automatic tranny with manual lift!!

http://natecrosby.com/andy/WHorse/whlifhyd.pdf