Sign in to follow this  
rydogg

picked up another roundie

rydogg

I went to the Le Sueur power show last weekend to check out the wheel horse club tractors and see the other old tractors and equipment. I took my three children and the 653 and a wagon for them to ride in. I was approached several times by people that have had or still have wheel horses and some were for sale so I got some numbers and began looking at some of the tractors today so it was off to Hwy 169 and heading north past Le Sueur to deliver a homemade tractor to a person and see his c160 which was a nice tractor with a 42" RD but I am looking for something older so I passed for now, then it was back down 169 to look at a one owner 633 with snowthrower, when I talked to him at the show I told him I was a collector and would be very interested in adding his tractor to my collection he said it was getting kinda neglected since he purchased a 314 so he was ready to let it go but he didn't want it going to some "wild eyed kid" who would ruin it. He also told me that the transmission was rebuilt by a guy nick-named Curly that was a wheel horse dealer since 1962 he is now retired I believe, he was one of the people that stopped and talked to me earlier in the day about my 653. So anyway, to make a long story short we loaded it up and I got her home and cleaned it up. The current motor is a K181 that replaced the tired 6hp. Enjoy the pictures it cleaned up very well. (I should have turned off the autoflash on the camera :USA: )

633005.jpg

Check out the "dynamite" weights on the front.

633007.jpg

My daughter loves :wh: As you can see she was just eating mud :)

633004.jpg

This is the snow thrower, an extra k181 and a pedal car we got during the trip, the snowthrower extensions have never been installed. Anyone know what the extra pulley is for?

Kelly

That pulley mounts on the frame right side to run the blower belt from the engine pulley around to the blower, the blower has it's own engagement handle on it to turn on and off.

By the way very nice looking tractor

VinsRJ

I agree it looks like a nice clean unit plus extras! :)

Ken B

Sweet deal. The tractor looks like it was well taken care of.

CasualObserver

Nice tractor Ryan. :USA: I saw you had that home made for sale. Glad you found a buyer for it.

"Curly" owned the dealership in Faribault, but it's been closed for years. He had a stroke a few years back and is in a wheel chair now. You may have spoken with him at the show... I have in previous years. I've got more info, remind me and I'll fill you in next time I see you.

If you ever get the urge to move that one down the road, give me a call. The 633 is on my "list." :)

stevasaurus

Nice seeing you at the show Ryan...nice looking tractor. I also had a number of people looking to sell their horses at the show. Need to come up their empty next year. :)

rydogg

Well, I went my friends place to pick up a carb rebuild kit for the k181 in the 633, while I was checking out his parts room I saw a set of rear fenders from a 61-64 horse and a k141 (JACKPOT!!!!!! just what the 633 needed) so I asked how much and he said $50 for both wooohoooo!!! now I can put the original motor in it, all it needs is a condenser and carb cleaning. I also picked up another 32" snowthrower with lift rod, flag and brand new belt, and a set of hubcaps. I also saw a clevis hitch but he is not sure if its for sale so maybe next time. So my $10 carb rebuild kit ended up costing $120 but I can't complain.

Jason, I was happy to see the homemade tractor go to someone that may have the time and knowledge to get it going again the only problem was I offered to deliver it and he was in Anoka county which was a pretty long road trip with the three kids but the 633 was in the same area so I didn't go out of my way too much. If I do decide to part with the 633 or if I find another I will let you know, the person I purchased the 633 from was pretty sad to see it go so I told him if he comes to the show next year I will have it there and he can take it for a ride for old time sake so now I will have to be at the show so I don't let him down I just need to find something like a 6 or 8 place sled trailer so I can bring a bunch of stuff to the show and still have room in case I get offered another :) while I am there.

Steve, it was great to meet you guys, hopefully next year I will have more time to talk with everyone.