Sign in to follow this  
MNGB

Tecumseh H70

MNGB

Hi all, I have a Tecumseh H70, I have been thur the carb the engine starts and runs good but it will not ile for any length of time. It has good power but as it idles it slows down to the point it stops it'll start right up and does the same, I've tried adjusting the idle jet if I lean it it stops sooner if it is enriched the engine runs ruff, adjusting the idle set screw gets it to were it runs too fast, there is a new air filter installed. Any ideas?

GB in MN

Kelly

Make sure both base gaskets are new, the one behind the carb, and the spacer, I just had the same problem.

MNGB

Hi Kelly thanks for the reply, you are close but its not the gaskets but the carb throttle shaft leaking, I checked this AM with the engine running using carb cleaner nothing when I sprayed the gaskets but when I sprayed the thrott;e shaft area the engine bogged down and then took off.

So now its to try for some kind of seal or find a reasonably priced used carb for a 7 hp Tecumseh.

GB in MN

Coadster32

Nice find! :)

buckeye

I had the same problem with mine. I found a thin washer, drilled it to the same size as the throttle shaft and JB welded it to the top of the carb. then i used a felt washer.