Sign in to follow this  
Shuboxlover

Trying to get the new D running

Shuboxlover

I took the shroud loose and :wh::):):omg: it was packed full of SH**.....And it REAKED like mouse PI** anyway I got all that cleaned out and made sure the wiring was going to all the correct places (it wasn't) The PO mention that he didn't think the charging system was working....well I think it would have a tough time charging when the wire that is coming from the rectifier is plugged into the light switch :)

Anyway, It turns over but no spark. I checked the points and cleaned them, they weren't that dirty to begin with. How do I check to see if the coil is good/working. How do I check to make sure the spark plug/coil wire is good. How do I check to see of the spark plug is good. I can see the points moving, but no spark.

Any ideas :USA:

....sorry, forgot to mention it's a single 16HP Kohler K341S

Brrly1

Sounds like a coil possibly to me, Do you know any Harley riders or possibly a place where they sell aftermarket parts. That would be about the cheapest way around for buying a coil. Maybe one of your partners has an old coil laying around

you might be able to snag. Thats about the only way I know to check a plug. If you have spark at the points then its either wires or plugs but I find that kind of doubtful. Aren't you amazed no big red jokes or pokes this time.

See Ya, Bye

Burly :USA:

:)

Cody

I would take a light tester and while the key switch is on make sure that you have power to the positive side of the coil, then if you have power that far take the light tester and put it on the negative side of the coil and turn the engine over, you should see the tester flashing if it doesnt i would say that its something with your points and or condensor. if it does flash id say its your coil or a bad plug wire. Hope this may help.

Gerry w

I'd get a new plug anyway. New wires too.....don't we love mice??