Sign in to follow this  
wheelly

H60

wheelly

Did techy put out counterclockwise engine? Pick up a lawn ranger and looks to have a short block installed. I had no spark so new points and condenser took care of that. Still no fire no matter what i did and i'm good at getting anything running on small engines. took the plug out for the 30th time and rotated engine. the intake valve is open when piston is coming up. if u turn engine counterclockwise everything moves when it is supposed to. this is either a counterclockwise engine or the cam is 180 off. they used the oringinal covers so there is no id tag for the shortblock. :)

Coadster32

There should be timing marks (round dimples) on the gears inside the case. If you think timing is off 180deg, that should tell you the story. Also the points drag thingy on the crankshaft should tell you which way the motor spins also. You could also check by the recoil. Good luck.

wheelly

Trying to get the pully of the crank but is going to have to soak the rest of the day and night. I already broke it so i need to get another. Once i get inside i know i can tell the real story. I was interested if they put out a counterclockwise engine cause if they did i'm wasting my time. Don't think i want 3 reverse speeds and 1 forward. :)

Don1977

:) If you are looking at the fly wheel side it turns clock wise, if you are looking at the power take off side it turns counter clock wise.

wheelly

looking at it from flywheel side

bowtieguy

Replacing that pully might cost ya more than the Tucky is worth??....

Don't think they were made to run backwards!! :)