Sign in to follow this  
stevebo

Terramite Info Needed- Pics of my new toy..

stevebo

Well here is the reason that I am selling my Auto 18 (see my for sale post). I drove 1.5 hours to the Long Island ferry, took a 1.25 hours ride to Long Island with 10k rented trailer in tow) and then drove another 45 mins to see this one. It needs it's share of TLC but I have already changed the oil, filter, fuel filter, battery, battery cables etc. I changed many of the zerk fittings and got them free and pumped much needed grease in each fitting. This one was not well cared for but everything is there and after changing one hydro fitting everything works and I was out in the rain today pulling a tree stump and roots along with moving some large rocks that needed to be moved.

I have to say once I get her cleaned up she will be great. I have a few quesitons for anyone out there....

Q1- Where is a good source to get parts other than the dealer?

Q2- What is a close color match to oem?

Q3- Anyone know of a good on line discussion place for these??

Here are the pics.

1-8.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

This is the picture with the new house in the background.

IMG_1757.jpg

And my little man ready to run this machine :)

IMG_1762.jpg

Butch

Well your grass looks pretty good. Some brown areas from the stresses of the summer heat we had which is normal. It will come back. No signs of weeds that I can see which is remarkable. Your lawn looks very healthy except for future dead spots from hydraulic leaks. :wh::) :USA:

Butch

OOPS! Good luck with the new house!! :) :USA:

ducky

nice.... :wh::) it looks like u need landscaping in front of your house. nice yard i wish mine was grass not weeds. :) this falls project. but nice tractor there. :USA:

VinsRJ

Nice look'n new toy Steve..... and the new house is not bad either :)

Is the new ride 4wd?

stevebo

Thanks Vin. It is 2wd but I do not think I will ever get stuck :)

horsefeathers

SteveBo,

Very nice find there! Hope you got a good deal!

I'am despratly seeking a small hoe myself!!

The local equiptment rental store has a Teramite for rent!

My buddy rented it years ago it does a good job!

But it is under powred and is slow! But iti s a small machine!

My brother-in-law just bought a Kobota $17,000. Good lord that's a lot 'o money!

But my sister is makin' the payments! (guess I'd buy one also!)

You've been shopping, any idea where I can find one?

:) HORSEFEATHERS!

stevebo

Feathers,

I have have been looking all over ... ebay and craigslist. They are selling anywhere from $6000-$12000+ This one needs about $500-$1000 of parts/work and I ended up getting it for $3900 plus trailer rental, and cost to pick up (ferry to LI cost $120 each way !!)

I would keep searching cr and you will come up with one. I looked for a kabota but they are too much $$. You are in the $10000+ range with a hoe on it. The perfect size would be a B model. The BX models were too small.

I would say that you want to be persistant in finding a good deal and constant follow up. The guy I got this from has a ton of calls but I was one of the first and made sure I got there quickly. He was asking $5000 firm but then took less. good luck-

horsefeathers

Thanks for the Info SteveBo!!!

I'll put it to good use!

:) HORSEFEATHERS!

truckin88

Terramites are perfect for the homeowner or renter, they are very popular because they do not weigh much, so guys can meet weight limits with them. And they can be pulled by 1/2 tons with ease. They are a little slow, but they are pretty damn strong. The only draw backs vrs a kubota, is the interchangability of rear attachments, PTO and not many round here are 4wd.

for 3900 you did pretty dam good steve, and nice buta with hoe around here is easily 12000 for a B7500

You will appreciate your choice if you go over any drainage pipe.

Coadster32

Can't add much to the questions you need answered, but I can tell you that it's a nice looking new house you have there. Congrats. That Loader/hoe looks really sweet also. Lots of fun/work coming up soon I see. Your son looks righjt at home on her. Good luck. :)

stevebo

Thanks Chris. I plan on having a meet and greet here but not until next year ... I do not want to scare my new neighbors ...yet :wh: My neighbors are great and we could not be happier with the move. it is night and day from the last house. the net difference in the costs of the houses is not a lot as we are now in Litchfield County vs Fairfield County. Prices up here are less which is great for us. We also were able to get a 4.5% mortgage on a 30 year fixed. I cannot see it going much lower than that :USA:

I need to keep plugging away at work and hopefully make some extra $$ to build that country pole barn that I really want. I am not used to not having a workshop :) Hope all is well with you-

Ken B

Nice Terramite Steve, I know you'll put plenty of hrs. on it. Guys, the view off the back deck of Steve's house is breath takin, and the beers are always ice cold. :)