Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

Picked up A 6439 Yesterday

HorseFixer

My daughter was at a Garage Sale Yesterday and picked up this 6439 Peddle Tractor for me for $5.00. One thing for sure it doesn't use much gas or take up much stable space :) How much are these things worth? :USA: Any info on these things? How many made what models? Year?

Thanks ~Duke

DSCN2282.jpg

DSCN2281.jpg

DSCN2274.jpg

Horse Fanatic

A maroon stripe pedal tractor, that's cool!

JUSS10

thats wicked cool. nice score!

JimD

Nice find Duke! They are quite collectible, and worth quite a bit of money to the collector. Probably worth more in unrestored condition actually. I don't know how many were made and for what years but I've seen pics of an outfit that has a trailer loaded with em at shows. All brand including Wheel Horse. Again, nice find and a very nice keepsake for your collection. :)

horsefeathers

Duke, that thing is sweeeet!!! I have seen these before.

But have no idea what it's worth! I'am sure $5 bucks is a good start!

My grand daughter would love that thing if you are interested in selling PM me!

Great find!!!

:) HORSEFEATHERS!

tgranthamfd

Someone on here has a few of the pedal tractors, but I can't remember who, maybe Kelly. :) :USA:

Indy w h

Duke, All you need now is a snowblower and cab :USA::wh:

:)

nice find !!!

Indy

Gene_S

First off cool find by your daughter for $5 bucks... :)

I'd never seen that decal version. The peddle tractor itself looks like the C-195 Roadmaster with different decals... What is up with the "6439" number? To bad the back rest on the seat doesn't have arm rests... R & B Stables have three versions but not that decal.

As for value, I bought my peddle tractor for less then $100. Thought I'd have to give around $300 for a good one.

squonk

I went to an auction this past year. They had a ton of antique Case farm tractors. Most sold for $900. They had an original Case pedal tractor there. That also sold for $900. :)

ducky

nice :) toy. id like to find one for my boy. but dad needs a new tractor first. then i find him a pedal :USA:

perry

:wh: ...great find. very cool duke :) .

im guessing all the faded area's are plastic ?. did they make a cast WH pedal tractor ?. and was this made by ertl or wheel horse ?.

here is where i bought all my parts and decals when i restored my kids IH tractor.

PEDAL TRACTOR PARTS

i did not see any WH tractors listed on any of the pedal parts sites :USA:.

here is R&B's

1982%20Pedal%20Tractor%20C-195%20Roadmaster.jpg

hounddoghundzsa

:) ...great find. very cool duke :USA: .

im guessing all the faded area's are plastic ?. did they make a cast WH pedal tractor ?. and was this made by ertl or wheel horse ?.

here is where i bought all my parts and decals when i restored my kids IH tractor.

PEDAL TRACTOR PARTS

i did not see any WH tractors listed on any of the pedal parts sites :).

here is R&B's

I saw a c195 like this one at an auction earlier this year. The bad part is I wanted a WH tiller that was there and it was clear on the other side of the auction yard. By the time I got back it was gone :) - and I didn't get the tiller :wh: lost it to some Amish guy? What the hell I thought they weren't supposed to use motorized equipment!

Kelly

My son is starting a collection of pedal tractors, and the wheel horse one is one he wants bad, it is collectible but mainly to WH collectors not pedal tractor collectors because it is plastic not cast alum. some early pedal tractors from the 50's can bring over $10,000 many more common ones from the 60's bring $1000 the newer 70's up tractors can be had for $500 and less, you can still buy new cast tractors but they start around $300 and go up.

Duke yours in the shape it is in I would guess value at $75 - $125 but don't paint it, then the value will drop it is not old enough to be worth much, and it is plastic, even the tin pedal tractors from the 60's are not worth much, compared to the cast ones.

Nice find by the way, let me know if you want to sell it.

Kelly

By the way Duke yours is messed up someone put the engine in backwards!!!!

Gene_S

My son is starting a collection of pedal tractors, and the wheel horse one is one he wants bad, it is collectible but mainly to WH collectors not pedal tractor collectors because it is plastic not cast alum. some early pedal tractors from the 50's can bring over $10,000 many more common ones from the 60's bring $1000 the newer 70's up tractors can be had for $500 and less, you can still buy new cast tractors but they start around $300 and go up.

Duke yours in the shape it is in I would guess value at $75 - $125 but don't paint it, then the value will drop it is not old enough to be worth much, and it is plastic, even the tin pedal tractors from the 60's are not worth much, compared to the cast ones.

Nice find by the way, let me know if you want to sell it.

Kelly my peddle tractor is all aluminum. I may be reading your post wrong but your saying Wheel Horse peddle tractors are plastic?

dandan111

I just sold my john deere 1970s at my garage sale for $200

may have been able to get more on e-bay or something. I bet you could

get good money out of it,how often do you see these old toys?

Too bad that decal is on the wrong side!

squonk

:wh: ...great find. very cool duke :) .

PEDAL TRACTOR PARTS

i did not see any WH tractors listed on any of the pedal parts sites :USA:.

here is R&B's

I lost it to some Amish guy? What the hell I thought they weren't supposed to use motorized equipment!

Around here they can use a motor to drive equipment as long as a horse is pulling it. I've seen Renaults', Puegots' and K-car engines hooked to all kinds of stuff.

stevasaurus

Nice find Duke...nice when the kids start looking out for the old man..... :USA:

priceless :)

Sparky

Cool find Duke! Now how about a pic of you peddling it around. Try not to knock out your teeth with yer knees :) !

Mike.............

Nick

:USA: ...great find. very cool duke :) .

Im not sure about WH but Toro/WH put out a metal pedal tractor. Guess it was around 8 or 10 years back.

pedal.jpg

Butch

Ya see dis Buzz? Not only don't we have the real ones in this state, we don't have the play ones either. :)

Nice find Duke. Still gotchyer teeth? :USA: :wh:

Kelly

Yup the 300 series tractor is metal, the older C-195's are plastic, with a steel tube frame.

HorseFixer

Thanks! No Mashed teeth yet :wh: Yes I know the engine decal looks like it is in azz backards but the Decal is exactly the same on the other side ie: lines run from rear to front in the same manner. it also has a opposite lift lever exactly the same position on other side leaning back if they were switched they would be opposite leaning fwd. :USA: what if it was indeed made this way? Someone went way out of their way to make the same decals the same position on each side, and on a toy???? Something is a skew here. Ive allready written Roy a E-Mail and thinking about calling toro on this Maybe will take it to my Toro dealer and ask him?? :)